New Everton Stadium

I was told today that we're still yet to prove to the council and Peel that we have the finance in place for the stadium. The person has gave me good info in the past, be interesting to see what's announced on Thursday.

Hold on.............................................

Peel seemed quite happy to agree HOT with us so no doubt Everton had got through any due diligence Peel put in-front of them.

Confirmation of purchase and heads of agreement with Peel would make for a satisfactory announcement.

Anything they announce in the affirmative is in effect a commitment to deliver so in addition I don't think it would be unrealistic to also provide an expected timeframe for completion both for the build as a whole and the key steps on the way. Having that would set expectations and more importantly, focus minds on delivery and establish transparency.

Confirmation of purchase and heads of agreement with Peel would make for a satisfactory announcement.

Anything they announce in the affirmative is in effect a commitment to deliver so in addition I don't think it would be unrealistic to also provide an expected timeframe for completion both for the build as a whole and the key steps on the way. Having that would set expectations and more importantly, focus minds on delivery and establish transparency.

Exactly this, if there is an announcement tomorrow I think people are expecting to see finalised plans, contract agreements and all sorts on display. It'll be something on the lines of EFC and Peel have reached an agreement on the land blah blah blah

Roma.webp

Loving this!

Exactly this, if there is an announcement tomorrow I think people are expecting to see finalised plans, contract agreements and all sorts on display. It'll be something on the lines of EFC and Peel have reached an agreement on the land blah blah blah

I don't think it's too outlandish to expect to see a stadium design, after all, why would the club enter into negotiations on land if they were unable to build the stadium they want on it?

I don't think it's too outlandish to expect to see a stadium design, after all, why would the club enter into negotiations on land if they were unable to build the stadium they want on it?

Maybe a concept design of sorts, outlining the vision of what they would want it, and the surrounding areas, to look like. In all honesty, i think it'll just be a script confirming what already know. Wouldn't complain if i was wrong like

Cant see anything happening on Thursday ! and people cant fume about it either ! as nothing has been said anywhere apart from the hundred thousand fans "in the know" ! how anyone can read into Joe Anderson tweet as being a new stadium announced i'll never know !
How anyone can read into Anderson's tweet that nothing will happen I'll never know.

I hate to say it I'm slightly on board with @Moomin

Not as far gone as him like but I think instead of putting all these expectations on what's going to happen on Thurs we are setting ourselves up for potential major disappointment. Any news regarding would be positive but let's not expect everything all at once, it'll still be a fairly long process.

That said there's nothing wrong with a bit of excitement and hope, it'll be one of the biggest things the club ever does and its something we are all looking forward to and what we want.

I do think there will be something related to us on Thursday, maybe an agreement of a fee for the land subject to planning permission or something along those lines, maybe something more but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Let's just enjoy the ride and see where it takes us

One things a cert. Dave and Sapie et al will try and ruin the occasion with their negativity.

It will be too arty, expensive, drain on local resources, unrealistic timescale/budget..too much of a bowl or a box or a pile of bricks.

We should just do up the old lady ? FFS.

Can't wait to see our new dockside paradise.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back