New Everton Stadium

Something will be announced in the near future. But, it will be at least a good 12 - 18 months before any construction starts and plenty of things could happen in the meantime to put a stop to it.

Will Everton and Peel sit back and allow Joe to make tweets hinting at dates etc etc.

I can't believe people are taking him seriously, he is mocking himself clearly and no doubt sick of people asking him the same question so is playing along a bit. Everyone involved wouldn't appreciate someone breaking protocol like this and ruin the announcement.

Joe has form for this behaviour, even regarding us and Walton Hall Park so I'd take his tweets with a big pinch of salt.

18 months to break ground and 36 months to finish would be very quick. If you're optimistic about the ground, it opens 20/21.

If you're not... we'll have our next site announced in 2022.

18 months to break ground and 36 months to finish would be very quick. If you're optimistic about the ground, it opens 20/21.

If you're not... we'll have our next site announced in 2022.

Joe said we'd be in our new ground by 2019.

The announcement on Thursday could be a feasibility study into Liverpool hosting the 2022 Commonwealth games etc

Genuine question as I have no knowledge of building or anything like that,

How long would it take to actually get the Bramley Moore and nelson docks fit for purpose? Filling in the docks and making the land ready to build on?

Surely that would take a little while?

Unless plans are already complete, don't see that happening

Would be excellent, massive fume

Exactly, Joe has form for saying things that are not happening. I'd take anything he says with a pinch of salt. Even last week he said he was leaving Twitter, the announcement will be " I'm leaving Twitter " on Thursday.

I'd laugh if it was.

Well let's just say he's taking more interest in the Blues than HKO did when they made the giant hole punch for the RS... Also I bet the 6 year old West Ham got to redesign the athletics stadium into another athletics stadium minus the running track took a bit more notice of the fans wishes.
Come on Dan Meiss is trying to build a good relationship with the people who are going to use his design and that should be applauded not sneered at.. its better than have some faceless corporate stadium architect knocking up some of the monstrosities we've seen go up.

Give it a rest with the ITK tosh peddling Davy

Genuine question as I have no knowledge of building or anything like that,

How long would it take to actually get the Bramley Moore and nelson docks fit for purpose? Filling in the docks and making the land ready to build on?

Surely that would take a little while?

Echo Arena took less than 2.5 years from construction start to finish, so that's a reasonable baseline/comparison. How close the club is to starting construction is anyone's guess. Not sure anyone knows where the club stands in planning, financing, and permitting.

If something does get announced Thursday, this has been a dark chapter for GOT ITKs. Literally nothing out of the club and feeding off the scraps that a drunk Joe Anderson has thrown out. 2 days out now and still utterly clueless about what if anything is happening.

If something does get announced Thursday, this has been a dark chapter for GOT ITKs. Literally nothing out of the club and feeding off the scraps that a drunk Joe Anderson has thrown out. 2 days out now and still utterly clueless about what if anything is happening.

When nothing happens the clever ITK's will proclaim that that's why they didn't say anything, as there was nothing to say. If something does happen then they will say they were sworn to secrecy ..........

Wait, Mayor Anderson tweeted that drunk? Now I'll have to reconsider. @failingMayor_Anderson #sad! #fakedocks!

Echo Arena took less than 2.5 years from construction start to finish, so that's a reasonable baseline/comparison. How close the club is to starting construction is anyone's guess. Not sure anyone knows where the club stands in planning, financing, and permitting.
To be fair, that land wasn't under water and was pretty accessable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back