New Everton Stadium

think about what Mr Moshiri wants to leave behind. This will be his life defining legacy that will last beyond him and his children
You know this for a fact? Are you Jim White?

These are the things that drive these type of men. They do not settle for second best or even people saying 'no' to them. (Take note Rom)
I don't think we will have seen anything like it in European, possibly world football.
Meiss wants to leave his mark on this game of ours too. He wants the building to inspire and create the best atmosphere in the Premier League..It will be an astheticly stand out structure on the outside and a scientifically designed four sided bear-pit inside.
Comments like the bold above from Blues on forums/Twitter etc are what ultimately lead to the meltdowns.

Projecting your own wants and needs onto the owner then raging when it doesn't pan out how you expected.

That possible distance behind the goals such an exterior brings has to be eliminated. It's easily done. Somehow though I think the Emirates type will be the one foisted on fans. It'll be talked up as a plus, no doubt citing that UEFA rules for their games would need rows of seats covered and revenue lost etc., but it'll look terrible and we'd be stuck with it.

Top trolling

That possible distance behind the goals such an exterior brings has to be eliminated. It's easily done. Somehow though I think the Emirates type will be the one foisted on fans. It'll be talked up as a plus, no doubt citing that UEFA rules for their games would need rows of seats covered and revenue lost etc., but it'll look terrible and we'd be stuck with it.
You have no more idea what the new stadium will look like than anyone else. Why not wait and see what the architect comes up with before tearing it to bits?

You have no more idea what the new stadium will look like than anyone else. Why not wait and see what the architect comes up with before tearing it to bits?
I think we all know the exterior will be dome shaped. That leaves a major question over the interior design which can go one of two ways.

It's a legitimate concern...and if you dont think it is I suggest you ask the posters on this forum whether they;d be happy with a distance behind each goal similar to that of the Emirates.

I think we all know the exterior will be dome shaped. That leaves a major question over the interior design which can go one of two ways.

It's a legitimate concern...and if you dont think it is I suggest you ask the posters on this forum whether they;d be happy with a distance behind each goal similar to that of the Emirates.

Not strictly true Dave! I have absolute no idea what shape it will be - could be shaped like an old monkey's minge for all I know!

So the overall summary of your position is: the announcement won’t be anything major, we’re still miles off pressing ahead, there’s still lots that could go wrong, you don’t like the architect, you doubt Moshiri has the business acumen to push it forward, and even if we build it, you think we’ll get stuck with a rubbish stadium.

Any other insights Chicken Little? Sky falling in?

You have no idea of the brief given to Meis though.

If the rumours are correct, then the atmosphere was high on the agenda. I don't see how large spaces behind the goals are something that we can sensibly speculate on at this juncture. As and when a design is published we can pass our view on it.

I've read it, you're just pedalling your opinion of a worst case scenario without any evidence to even make it an educated opinion to achieve nothing but wind up fellow blues.

We're getting a dome.

Now poll the people on this forum if they'd like an elliptical shape to the interior of the stadium or rectangular one...because that is the only secret on design left as far as I can see here - and it's a legitimate concern.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back