New Everton Stadium

Not strictly true Dave! I have absolute no idea what shape it will be - could be shaped like an old monkey's minge for all I know!
If the athletics events at the commonwealth games can take place in a building the shape of an old monkey's minge you may be right.

I'm guessing only a dome will take it though.

To be honest I don't find some of Andersons tweets at all appropriate for a mayor, and one that has forged such a clear connection with Everton on the stadium. Even if many of these are in jest and in response to trolling from RS'.

My impression as a punter is something is happening on Thursday, albeit largely based on his recent tweets and the general social media chatter in the last week.

If nothing materialises then Anderson is getting well ahead of himself and creating problems for the club in unfairly raising expectations, whether he intends to or not. In that scenario even in the absence of an announcement Everton would do well to ask him to rein it in on the quiet and/or seek to quell rising expectations in the short-term, however disappointing that would be.

Agree with this.

We're getting a dome.

Now poll the people on this forum if they'd like an elliptical shape to the interior of the stadium or rectangular one...because that is the only secret on design left as far as I can see here - and it's a legitimate concern.

From the bits I've read from Meis I would imagine it won't be a dome. I would say it will be industrial looking/angular.
I think there will be rectangular stands inside tight to the pitch. The lower tier will be retractable to accommodate the commonwealth games. It seems Meis is big into multi purpose stadiums.

Just as he has incorporated the coliseum into his Roma design, I imagine he will incorporate the history of the docks and the industrial revolution in to his Everton design.

If the athletics events at the commonwealth games can take place in a building the shape of an old monkey's minge you may be right.

I'm guessing only a dome will take it though.

Commonwealth Games link/dependencies based on credible source/ITK or a guess also?

There's been much said about that to date with people hard over on both sides of the argument.

From the bits I've read from Meis I would imagine it won't be a dome. I would say it will be industrial looking/angular.
I think there will be rectangular stands inside tight to the pitch. The lower tier will be retractable to accommodate the commonwealth games. It seems Meis is big into multi purpose stadiums.

Just as he has incorporated the coliseum into his Roma design, I imagine he will incorporate the history of the docks and the industrial revolution in to his Everton design.

Commonwealth games will be at Birmingham.

You have no idea of the brief given to Meis though.

If the rumours are correct, then the atmosphere was high on the agenda. I don't see how large spaces behind the goals are something that we can sensibly speculate on at this juncture. As and when a design is published we can pass our view on it.
You should know better. It doesnt matter what you say he'll always swim upstream

We're getting a dome.

Now poll the people on this forum if they'd like an elliptical shape to the interior of the stadium or rectangular one...because that is the only secret on design left as far as I can see here - and it's a legitimate concern.

So now you've moved from opinion to fact? Have you seen the designs? On the one hand you're deriding the mayors tweets saying nothing will happen, on the other you're swallowing Dan Meis' as fact. I guess both suit your agenda of winding people up 'nothing is happening and if it is then it will be a dome which will have this problem'.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back