New Everton Stadium

Genuine question as I have no knowledge of building or anything like that,

How long would it take to actually get the Bramley Moore and nelson docks fit for purpose? Filling in the docks and making the land ready to build on?

Surely that would take a little while?
Assuming the announcement will be confirmation that we have the site and plan on building the stadium, it will likely take a 6 months - 9 months to go through planning etc., and 2.5 to 3 years to build. Best case scenario, I'd say we have 3 full seasons left in Goodison.

I do think we'll see the stadium design soon (if not Thursday). Dan Meis has been on board for over a year, and his tweets suggest that the designs are ready to go.

To be honest I don't find some of Andersons tweets at all appropriate for a mayor, and one that has forged such a clear connection with Everton on the stadium. Even if many of these are in jest and in response to trolling from RS'.

My impression as a punter is something is happening on Thursday, albeit largely based on his recent tweets and the general social media chatter in the last week.

If nothing materialises then Anderson is getting well ahead of himself and creating problems for the club in unfairly raising expectations, whether he intends to or not. In that scenario even in the absence of an announcement Everton would do well to ask him to rein it in on the quiet and/or seek to quell rising expectations in the short-term, however disappointing that would be.

West Ham's average attendance is 57,000. In other words, they're filling the Olympic Stadium every week, minus the seats that they're not allowed to sell due to licencing problems.

And West Ham are not as big a club as us. They were in the Championship four years ago. And their average attendance last season was just 33,000.

If West Ham can fill a big stadium almost every week, so can we. We have a huge waiting list for season tickets and we fill Goodison, a 40,000 stadium with ten thousand obstructed view seats, week after week.

Go on to KUMB and read about the move to London Stadium, most of the traditional fans from the Boleyn hate it.

Areas filled with Thomas Cook day trippers, tourists with selfie sticks as well as local residents on a freebie.
Masivo amounts of season tickets sold at rock bottom prices including kids season tickets at £99........this has led to many fans not turning up for games they perceive as crap or at times that don't suit them. WHU still report a attendance of (circa) 57k when in actual fact the true attendance is in the 47-52k range, still very healthy but not actually full!

Be interesting to see how they fair after next season (some season tickets were dirt cheap provided one purchased the ticket for 2 seasons).

Now we could move forward into a big stadium and welcome tourists et cetera but place them in areas where they won't break up our more traditional support. The same goes for the next/new generation of season ticket. Part of the problem at WHU is that the old fans from the Boleyn are no longer sat together as the new and tourist fans have interspersed with them so the atmosphere suffered.
This is something that the club will have to try and manage during our ground migration.

Do you think the club officials are OK with Joe blabbering on twitter?
Don't know what you mean mate. I've just hacked his cam. Looks fine to me....

epic-fatman_o_233905.gif

For almost certain it will be dome shaped from the outside, but with an interior with the stands close to the pitch and four sided I believe mate - how it'll look is anyone's guess atm, meiss whilst annoying is a very very good designer

That possible distance behind the goals such an exterior brings has to be eliminated. It's easily done. Somehow though I think the Emirates type will be the one foisted on fans. It'll be talked up as a plus, no doubt citing that UEFA rules for their games would need rows of seats covered and revenue lost etc., but it'll look terrible and we'd be stuck with it.

That possible distance behind the goals such an exterior brings has to be eliminated. It's easily done. Somehow though I think the Emirates type will be the one foisted on fans. It'll be talked up as a plus, no doubt citing that UEFA rules for their games would need rows of seats covered and revenue lost etc., but it'll look terrible and we'd be stuck with it.

You have no idea this will happen, just senseless trolling.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back