New Everton Stadium

funny how the RS were acting when we where
'going Kirkby' made up couldn't get enough of them when it's finally
announced BM them whoppaz will be crying themselves to sleep

Completely agree mate. If loads of the really big hitting journalists and media outlets had been summoned well in advance for Thursday I think it could rightly be disco time. It is looking like the very basic agreement at this stage, no purchases etc but that's a good step forward.

Someone would know for certain.

From last Sunday.

So you are saying 5-7 weeks despite most things pointing at it being announced on Thursday?, sound.

For those of us on the other side of the world and not up on the local coverage ..... Other than a silly tweet from the mayor , is there any other reason to believe something is actually happening on Thurs ? Are we any closer to this stadium plan than we were with the Kings Dock project ?

We are all desperate for something ....

For those of us on the other side of the world and not up on the local coverage ..... Other than a silly tweet from the mayor , is there any other reason to believe something is actually happening on Thurs ? Are we any closer to this stadium plan than we were with the Kings Dock project ?

We are all desperate for something ....
Nope, just the tweets

So, 26 pages since this morning and nothing apparently has happened. God knows how many volumes of this thread there will be if exciting news transpires on Thursday.:)

With this GIF on the wall of the new main stand

giphy.gif

Moomin, I apologise for hinting you were defending the Reds too much. We've had a few back and fourths but saying that is not on so I apologise.

I'm not arsed if anything significant gets announced Thursday tbh, I actually just enjoy the excitement that something may just happen, and all the years of hoping something good would happen might actually happen.

I say let folk get excited, it's been far too long where we've had nothing good to shout about and who knows, maybe, just maybe we might get some good news.

If not we'll all still be on here posting away about other boss Everton related stuff ;)

This. Whats the point in being negative about it as long as it's taken with some perspective. It may never get better than this now, at the moment we could be getting a masdive stadium by the Mersey, but it could end up being in SB! So savour this time, enjoy it, everyone of us should be dancing on the celling in expectation and excitement.

The flip side is if we don't hear anything or it's bad news people shouldn't collapse in to depression or anger. Like they say on game shows when they gamble, I came here with nothing so if i go home with nothing whats the big deal. We carry on playing at Goodison or we get a new stadium elsewhere.

I would echo other posters in saying if there was really big news surely sky or other media outlets would be on to this by now?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back