New Everton Stadium

Not following. If the council borrows money it can do on the basis of all the money that comes in. (council tax etc.) As its income is safe as houses, the banks will loan LCC at a lower interest rate as it's low risk.

LCC will have contract with Everton naming the people that are responsible should EFC fold, Moshiri will be high up on the list i would imagine. That enables the council to facilitate this knowing there is no (or little) risk to them.
I can't see Moshiri exposing himself to that.

We'll see mate....you are talking about a council that cant even get money to fix the abysmal potholes in the city's roads.
Should be quite a day tomorow.

Hopefully get more details. I understand about the services but it should help mate, it's not like they would borrow the money in normal circumstances to give to services. If i said i was gonna borrow around 1200 pounds from you and it was gonna cost you to borrow say £120 month, but i'm going to pay you £145 a month, then your getting £25 every month for nothing but helping to arrange a loan.

That £25 can be spent on services. Now upscale that into the millions...

I don't think LCC are taking out a loan.
They are acting as guarantors by sounds of things
Ahh...that wasnt said earlier tho.

Anderson is on record as saying the club will be funding it themselves & the council will be helping out with infrastructure as they did with Anfield.

Could care less where the finance comes from but i think the councils involvement is a little wide of the mark here.
I just want to see the best stadium i've ever seen shimmering on the waterfront.

I can't see Moshiri exposing himself to that.

Someone is going to have to otherwise why would the council take the risk? Say the football bubble bursts in 10 years time and we still owe 200 odd million, the council could repossess, sell the land but it may not cover the loan they are paying or guaranteeing. I'd imagine when/if we are sold then perhaps we will have to pay up the full amount.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back