New Everton Stadium

Seriously, it won't.

Seriously, it will. It will be amongst a much more prestigious location than SC or Walton. It has the potential to be one of the most spectacular stadiums in Europe, it will be much more easily accessible for Summer events for example. Location is everything when it comes to property, and this is no different.

Could the LCC owning the stadium, come from Usmanov getting involved?

Thinking this wouldn't be allowed, due to his ownership of Arsenal, if we owned i outright?
This seems to make sense, but my understanding from what I heard today is that we have to find the lender, not LCC. I'm not sure how that muddies the waters concerning Premier League club ownership rules.

Hypothetically, I know FFP isn't affected by stadium outlay but presume if the LCC were not involved then USM couldn't finance it. Premier league rules would prevent them from being involved so is the deal is similar to FF? Plus it also guarantees payments and possibly a smooth planning process, so is it a win win?

Won't matter, only concerned about data regarding web hits, TV figures etc.

Stadium in a city centre, suburbs or waterfront is not a factor.
It's not all about raw numbers, it's about brand association, too.

The waterfront will be more desirable to certain brands. But frankly, if the USM chat is to be believed, it doesn't much matter what the broad appeal is to other would-be sponsors.

That has confused me a bit. If we borrow £300m over 30 years, the capital repayment on that is £10m per year, then add the "sevice fee" to LCC which is £4m per year (there's your £14m per year), but this still hasn't take into account the actual interest repayment to the lender (which I'm assuming would be around the £8m per year mark based on it being a "preferential" rate??).
10 mil over 40 years so 400 mil

Could the LCC owning the stadium, come from Usmanov getting involved?

Thinking this wouldn't be allowed, due to his ownership of Arsenal, if we owned i outright?

Quite a few have squared that circle mate.

All I would say, based on my own logic, and having known zero Billionaires, is that this line "LCC guarantee mean EFC can access funding at a cheaper rate", is, imo, an utter tube of toothpaste.

Mosh had/has the funding lined up. Its how it can be funnelled into the deal.

Now the funding may well be from pension funds and the like. £300m to them is chicken feed.

But maybe not...

That has confused me a bit. If we borrow £300m over 30 years, the capital repayment on that is £10m per year, then add the "sevice fee" to LCC which is £4m per year (there's your £14m per year), but this still hasn't take into account the actual interest repayment to the lender (which I'm assuming would be around the £8m per year mark based on it being a "preferential" rate??).

Thats the bit I dont get

To use simple mortgage terms

Is is intrest only or capital repayment?

In 10 years we will have been on the docks for maybe 5.

Maybe even sooner going by that LCC link that was up ealier, it mentions the business plan of being in Goodison for the next 3 years then the new stadium, would have us in the new one in 20/21

“The Club has prepared an operational Business Plan that forecasts the
Club’s revenue and operating costs, cash-flows, funding and cash
balances for the next three years at Goodison Park and then for the 40-
year lease period in the New Stadium.

Quite a few have squared that circle mate.

All I would say, based on my own logic, and having known zero Billionaires, is that this line "LCC guarantee mean EFC can access funding at a cheaper rate", is, imo, an utter tube of toothpaste.

Mosh had/has the funding lined up. Its how it can be funnelled into the deal.

Now the funding may well be from pension funds and the like. £300m to them is chicken feed.

But maybe not...

Wait......

Are you saying the funder... will be Usmanov???

MIND BLOWN

Hypothetically, I know FFP isn't affected by stadium outlay but presume if the LCC were not involved then USM couldn't finance it. Premier league rules would prevent them from being involved so is the deal is similar to FF? Plus it also guarantees payments and possibly a smooth planning process, so is it a win win?

Maybe the FF deal was put out there to gauge reaction.. to see if USM being involved got any negative press or investigation.. . As it didn't.. . They then trott this deal out.

We get more than that for Finch Farm. £10 million minimum.

West Ham were looking for 5m and they didn't get it, I think Spurs are struggling to find a partner for theirs but who knows what they're looking for.

The FF rights is a bit of a rogue deal, unless there's another one of those in the offing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back