New Everton Stadium

We should be worried about the preliminary 50k capacity figure. It is there for one of three reasons:

1. It is what the club want
2. It is the most LCC/Peel will allow for the site
3. We do not think we can afford anything bigger

Any of these three would be troubling. Be clear nobody goes to all this trouble to negotiate complex deals with Peel & LCC and then puts a meaningless figure at the heart of the submission.

Echo/twitter polls & the dialogue on here suggest a majority of fans think it is too small. We'll see if the claimed consultation listens and changes things or if it is just used as a cover to justify the existing plan. Elstone has previous for the latter.
The 50k is an easy number to use, the 50k and 300 mil were all made up numbers, the plan now is working out cost and stuff.

Kinda like if you open a business you need to put figures on a business plan of what you think you will make and what you will spend. Does make its true it's just an estimate

The £5.5 Billion investment that's ready to go into Liverpool Waters that Jeff from West Derby is going on about is an estimate made up of land values. Peel then have to attract in private investors who will to put their money in i.e Everton for example. Ironically our stadium and the surrounding infrastructure is now part of that £5.5 Billion estimate. Every argument of theirs can be picked apart in an instant.

Stonebridge cross isn't in Liverpool it's near Leigh which is 20-30 miles away from LCC. Don't get why ppl think we would move there
You sure you're thinking of the right place mate? Stonebridge Cross is about 6 miles from the city centre. There's a Leigh south of Bolton about 20 miles away but that has nothing to do with the Stonebridge Cross we were considering

Re the bitter rs's; It's their own fault, well FSG's - they have a 'fixed' tried and true for them business plan way of doing things...and I suppose looking at things.
They wanted the way they did it in Boston to fit the rs's needs...and it doesn't quite fit.
The big fact is somebody with a more flexible view (and better on the ground knowledge?) saw an opportunity and took it...that's what gets them.

Not that Tommy from Mossley Hill or what's his face from W Derby, know nor care...It's the council paying for it innit and the didn't give us a carrot.

Did you ask? No.
Though I seem to remember the council bending over Re Stanley Park, until Fenway pulled the plug on it as not viable, or what ever.

You sure you're thinking of the right place mate? Stonebridge Cross is about 6 miles from the city centre. There's a Leigh south of Bolton about 20 miles away but that has nothing to do with the Stonebridge Cross we were considering
I lived in Leigh for 25 years, there is a Stonebridge cross there on the east lancs, possible it's a different place, unless the road is called Stonebridge cross, either way

BRAMLEY MOORE BRAMLEY MOORE

Just had a terrible thought, PP will be refused because the Norwegian Liverpool fans and Welsh fans will have no where to Moore their boats while they fly thier Kites while we play at home and go and watch the RS when they are at home

Only thing that worries me about these RS complaints is the point about ultimate liability lying with the LCC SPV as guarantor.

It would take a truly bizarre set of circumstances for them to be left carrying the can - I.e multiple relegations, administration etc, but it is, in theory, possible.

Now I don't think it's a problem, but the RS argument will be that LCC is taking on risk, however low that risk is.

It's whether that the council cabinet take a view that they should never take on any risk whatsoever, and whether the argument sticks that if the unthinkable happens to Everton, and the council end up liable.

Hopefully the council can make a reasoned decision on Risk/reward/likelihood, and not get sucked into worst case scenario decision.

You may be right in terms of the SPV - it could be the limit the council is willing to guarantee - but what is to stop EFC funding additional capacity themselves ?

It will depend on the contract. The initial news is good but it could still be better and there will be devil in the detail. If through the promised consultation and detailed design process we ultimately wind up at e.g. 56k+ (like Kings Dock), cost £400m+ to deliver on the "iconic, state of the art" promises & some evidence Moshiri is putting some personal capital at risk then I think we'd have about 95% happiness amongst blues. That would be near miraculous!

Only thing that worries me about these RS complaints is the point about ultimate liability lying with the LCC SPV as guarantor.

It would take a truly bizarre set of circumstances for them to be left carrying the can - I.e multiple relegations, administration etc, but it is, in theory, possible.

Now I don't think it's a problem, but the RS argument will be that LCC is taking on risk, however low that risk is.

It's whether that the council cabinet take a view that they should never take on any risk whatsoever, and whether the argument sticks that if the unthinkable happens to Everton, and the council end up liable.

Hopefully the council can make a reasoned decision on Risk/reward/likelihood, and not get sucked into worst case scenario decision.
By all accounts these council backed SPVs are fairly common, and with all SPVs like this there will always be 'some' risk no matter how small, but EFC has got to be seen as one of the most solid companies to back (114 out of 118 years in the top flight!). Hopefully the government will realise this and jump at the chance of being able to generate few million a year of additional resources.

By all accounts these council backed SPVs are fairly common, and with all SPVs like this there will always be 'some' risk no matter how small, but EFC has got to be seen as one of the most solid companies to back (114 out of 118 years in the top flight!). Hopefully the government will realise this and jump at the chance of being able to generate few million a year of additional resources.

Agree with all this (although didn't know the SPVs are common with councils - would be interesting to see how common, and to what financial level)

As I say, for me - nothing is risk free, it's about weighing up the variables, but others are much more risk averse, and the RS could pile pressure on the council on this point.

Hopefully Big Joe A has teed up his mates to get this signed off.

Everton have to put aside 3 times the amount of 1 annual cost in case something goes bad. 43 mil is put aside as a sort insurance just in case it goes bad

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back