New Everton Stadium

Stay clear of a retractable roof. Not needed in Liverpool as we very rarely have the weather to stop footy and I've heard way too many issues with stadia having roof problems, even the Miller Park stadium Meis designed.
Correct. As long as it's got sufficient overhang and is pretty wind proof, we don't need a roof.
Reading what Dan Meis has been saying, it seems the plans must be quite advanced for him to quote a figure for a roof. And it appears it's a sole purpose is a football stadium...I may very well be talking out my chute though.

Just amazing.

Yep the council/government just going to let Liverpool flood. Same too for Peel and all the Liverpool waters development.

I'm not an academic like this chap that the echo has managed to get hold of for this article but i'd imagine they would build a new 2/3 metre sea wall and just flood the Wirral... :) Just joking, build the wall all around or have a Mersey barrier like the one they have for the Thames.

Not hard is it...

According to one of my A level Geology kids , land levels in the north of the UK are actually rising and in the South they are falling . Due to the millions of tons of ice in the Northern UK during the ice age which "weighed down" the land mass .Now that the ice has gone the land mass is rising again in the North and dropping in the South , like a see saw.
Examples are the ever receding tideline in Southport in the North and the construction of the Thames Barrier in the South due to rising sea levels down there (bye London :bye:)

No roof, I want to feel the full force of the Mersey pelting me in the face during those freezing cold December evenings

It would still be warmer than the Top Balc

c8e6d5cedc66634e2cddc200db5e12bc.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back