New Everton Stadium

I think its a combination of people saying "Unlike anything in the PL at the moment" and also the fact that on the docks the wind is far higher than in land, and it may have an effect. Also, the money is in having a multi-purpose stadium, so whilst a normal stadium can have concerts etc, a roof would be massively beneficial for everyone.

Could advertising space on the roof be a big money spinner? Something you could clearly see when flying into John Lennon Airport.

Can people stop talking about a roof, there is no roof, Meis has confirmed that there is no roof in the design and to incorporate one would add £80 Million to the cost
NO ROOF!

Could advertising space on the roof be a big money spinner? Something you could clearly see when flying into John Lennon Airport.

That's a great idea to be fair. Personally I'd prefer a massive blue liverbird. Kind of like a "Welcome to Liverpool" thing.

C8AMssoWkAACZTZ.jpg

he really is a big dirty perv..

i suspect the stadium will be sponsored by p0rnhub if he gets his way...

He really is, but that's what makes him boss.

Last edited:

Am I the only one here who thinks we/the council are doing things slightly on a budget? The 50,000 capacity reminds me of Man City and their council ground pre takeover.

I think our only hopes of a 55-60k stadium is if Moshiri sells us to a mega rich individual like what happened at City following their ground move and we expand.

There'd have to be a league-wide agreement regarding the roof. I'm sure the orientation and riverside weather will have been at the forefront of design thinking. The Minnesota stadium is interesting in that respect.
Is there an agreement for Wembley? I seem to remember a final played at the Millennium stadium with the roof closed

I've been following this development on here and on Skyscrapercity for a few months and this retractable roof thing seems to be mentioned every few posts. Unless I've missed something, I haven't seen or heard anything from anyone actually involved with the stadium that it's being considered. Where has this come from?

Nothing has been announced about the design or functionality of the stadium yet, I think people are just hoping that it is more like the Kings Dock design thank the Kirkby design and can be used for more non-matchday events and ultimately make more money for the club.

How many people actually fly into John Lennon a day though via that route, 2 or 3 thousand wind depending? Only 1/3 of them people sitting by the window, and only half the windows on the stadium side, with half the people on that side asleep. Talking 2/300 views a day.

Minuscule exposure compare to a little tiny advertising board that millions will see on TV!

I've just had a look on Dan Meis' Instagram account and he's been coming to Liverpool as far back as December 2015...he must have some sort of sketch in his arse pocket by now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back