New Everton Stadium

I agree with you we should be building the maximum we can now and I do want a finished product.
I wouldn't get to hung up on the 50,000 seat figure they initially announced. These are usually minimum figures and as the project gains momentum and more interest and let's face it excitement takes hold they work out and settle on the desired capacity.
When Tottenham announced that all the land around White Fart Lane had been secured they said it was going to be a 57,000 seat football stadium built by KSS.. (they're the crowd who built the dark tower extension over at Castle Greyskull).
When Spurs owners gauged fan reaction and interest as well as doing a deal to be a part time London NFL ground they upped the capacity to be just bigger than Arsenal and even changed the architect to Populous architects, they're better at multi-purpose stadium design to accommodate a retractable footy pitch with NFL astroturfing underneath. KSS are regarded as a bit safe and just do fit for purpose stuff, just take a look at the hole punch.
My point is as this project gathers momentum and more and more excitement is shown ( I've met literally loads of Evertonians who went regular but don't now because they want to take their kids or they kept getting duff seats and who have said they can't wait to go back once it's on the dock because it will be easy to get to and they will "make a day of it with the family because they'll be something to do before and after the game" take these type of Blues into account and lads who have wained but are desperate to be part of a new stadium/era plus bigger away allocations who all wanna go see the new ground etc.
We will deffo need we'll more than 50K. Moshiri and Meis will settle on a figure (Praying for 61878) and top out at that with a finished product and as far as having 4 sides and 'filling them in at a later date' that is just not going to happen mate. They will either be joined by a very slight curve (not bowl) or Meis will have glass concourses or hospitality lounges that look both in to the pitch and out to the river or city, like he did with Stadio del Roma or something. It's always best to start off with a modest announcement and then let it snowball to where you want.... I hope...;)

Can you imagine if Moshiri and his mates get involved in regenerating the docks to a level I said earlier.
You could bring the whole family for a full day out match day.
Bite to eat before the game , send the missus shopping while you and the son have a pint before the game , meet up afterwards to stroll around the dock lands.
It could be a real money spinner

Can you imagine if Moshiri and his mates get involved in regenerating the docks to a level I said earlier.
Bite to eat before the game , send the missus shopping while you and the son have a pint before the game , meet up afterwards to stroll around the dock lands.
My wallet's just winced!!!!

Wonder if stylistically we'll look to take influences from the Royal Liver Building facade. Would look quite boss I reckon
You know mate.. I reckon you won't be far off the money there... I think there will be a big nod to the waterfront architecture and why not the Liver Buildings.. The RS would be apoplectic!!!
Funny thing is I've been going back through the forum to pages like 442 when you guys were just starting Wondering and whispering quietly about the possibility of a waterfront stadium on the docks... some of the dreams and heartfelt wishes for it to happen but realising it was such a long shot and here we are on page 2083 going full tilt at the dream!! You should all pat yourselves on the back for dareing to dream.. that's Evertonians for you.... yeah all mushy and still drunk from this avvie's barbie...:hayee: ;)

Ahh, I love a bit of gender stereotyping.

Of all the stadiums people have posted in here, the Lucas Oil Field is really growing on me. Not so much the exterior, but the layout inside looks amazing. A 60k version of that on the docks with a different exterior would be magic!
I think Lucas Oil Stadium is 62400 roughly so the interior would fit our requirements like a glove give or take... that for me is THE most impressive layout. If you tweeked the exterior to be more Liverpool Waterfront it would be jaw dropping!! ;)

I think we will before the transfer window opens, this will be our selling point when trying to attract top players. We need to present ourselves as a club who is moving forward and what better way to do it. The media need a reminder that the giant is awakening before they'll start to talk us up.
I think we will during the transfer window to try and distract fans from the fact that we have sold Lukaku and Barkley and spent 20% of their fees on sub standard replacements.

Was on the ferry before, this is going to look amazing on the waterfront, cant wait for it to be full of tourists and over the tannoy comes "if you look to yourself that is the home of Everton Football Club"!!

I think we will before the transfer window opens, this will be our selling point when trying to attract top players. We need to present ourselves as a club who is moving forward and what better way to do it. The media need a reminder that the giant is awakening before they'll start to talk us up.
Except any player signing in the summer would probably not even play in the new stadium before their contract expires. The progress on the new stadium is great, but isn't going to flutter any skirts in the transfer market.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back