New Everton Stadium

Instead of changing the stadium to accommodate the running track, why not change the running track to fit the stadium. Make a Scalextric type track with bridges over the track so it can loop back on itself.

As the 2022 games are not far away, I'd say London would be the obvious choice as they already have all the venues built.

Manchester maybe, not sure about the athletics stadium but they have everything else.

Liverpool would need not only an athletics stadium to be built, but other venues. The echo arena could hold some events though.

Have London offered to host it? If so, I'm sure that's where it will be held.

London was looking at bidding for 2022 but the then mayor Boris Johnson shelved the idea because of concerns over the security bill. Obviously Durban went on to win those Games uncontested.

Now 2022 is back on the table, from what I've read Sadiq Khan pretty much shares Johnson's concerns over funding. He hasn't specifically mentioned security as his predecessor did, but I think we can take it as read that that's the cost implication he's worried about. Since all the venues exist in London, without the security bill any CWGs in London would be hugely profitable.

So London is interested in a kind of "it'd be nice" way, but is not in any way committed to the idea, unlike Birmingham and Liverpool.

Instead of changing the stadium to accommodate the running track, why not change the running track to fit the stadium. Make a Scalextric type track with bridges over the track so it can loop back on itself.

Bout time they did something to liven it up. I suggest for the 100m/110m hurdles we could release tigers 2 seconds after they start to really focus the minds. The good thing about this is that we then only need 60m of track. Every little bit helps.

Bout time they did something to liven it up. I suggest for the 100m/110m hurdles we could release tigers 2 seconds after they start to really focus the minds. The good thing about this is that we then only need 60m of track. Every little bit helps.
Land mines either side of hurdles should be looked into

When is the decision likely to be for the CG host? Cannot see Everton hanging around for something which may not happen. Think people are getting upset over nothing here.

Why are we still arguing over a track when no one outside of Everton, Peel or the council have a clue what's going on and more bizarre still why are people guessing and then getting angry over it. It's doing me nut in.
297.png

Etihad had a running track for the Commonwealth Games, then over the summer that was removed and it's a football ground. Admittedly I don't like the Etihad all that much, but this would be a similar thing if it's actually going to happen. By the time we move in, there'll be no track.
Does it mean Goodison stays standing so they can have two stadia next door to each other to use for the games? Knock it down after I bet.

In other news: the waiting list for season tickets is over 9,000 - so 50k no problem, higher than that very hopeful.

City moved in a year after the games had finished as they had to excavate and build the lower tiers as well as the other end stand. We can't be waiting until after the games to move in.

etihad2.webp

etihad1.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back