New Everton Stadium

There would have to be some significant benefits to us to even contemplate amending a pure football stadium, that Dan Meis keeps teasing us about, to accomodate a one off event.
I say we tell the council to go over to the Anfield mob and ask. Not interested.

Quite possibly the simplest option!

If the council completey fund the mechanics to make it truely multi purpose in a jaw dropping way though it is probably worth investigating.

Personally I can't see it happening unless we chuck a bag of cash at the commonwealth games committee.

What are the chances of Liverpool NOT getting the games? Is anyone familiar with the process?

Please tell me we won't get them.

As the 2022 games are not far away, I'd say London would be the obvious choice as they already have all the venues built.

Manchester maybe, not sure about the athletics stadium but they have everything else.

Liverpool would need not only an athletics stadium to be built, but other venues. The echo arena could hold some events though.

Have London offered to host it? If so, I'm sure that's where it will be held.

There is such a thing as creating a bowl type stadium but the stands are rectangular by the time they get to the level of the pitch. Just to stop those who are already slagging off one of the most common stadium shapes and are giving us a running track despite not one detail of any of this being out in public yet.

They are incompetent, have you seen our non-TV revenues? They are flatlining or decreasing at a time when football has never had a higher profile. That isn't befitting our club and it's not acceptable.

Don't kid yourself with BMD not being available. LW needs this kick-start as much as we need that land. Any owner with a robust plan could have secured the site, the problem being for Earl, Green, Bill and co is there's no room for a supermarket.

And I'll hold this grudge for as long as those incompetents are on the board. They shouldn't be trusted.

I'm not kidding myself with BMD, I know it wasn't available or a viable option until recently.

To be honest I have not seen our non TV revenues, that kind of thing holds no interest to me at all. I care about what happens on the pitch and generally during that time we have been more than acceptable. I have never ran a football club so I can not really pass judgement on those that do.

Obviously not trusting them is your choice. It's my choice to find that all a bit odd but there we go.

As the 2022 games are not far away, I'd say London would be the obvious choice as they already have all the venues built.

Manchester maybe, not sure about the athletics stadium but they have everything else.

Liverpool would need not only an athletics stadium to be built, but other venues. The echo arena could hold some events though.

Have London offered to host it? If so, I'm sure that's where it will be held.

Loads of places are thinking about it, there's no way it's coming here unless we co host it.

Several cities have come forward since Durban lost the Games to say they may be prepared to step in.

This includes Birmingham, Liverpool, London and Manchester in England.

Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney in Australia have also claimed they may be interested.

Other candidates could include Toronto in Canada, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and Singapore.

Etihad had a running track for the Commonwealth Games, then over the summer that was removed and it's a football ground. Admittedly I don't like the Etihad all that much, but this would be a similar thing if it's actually going to happen. By the time we move in, there'll be no track.
Does it mean Goodison stays standing so they can have two stadia next door to each other to use for the games? Knock it down after I bet.

In other news: the waiting list for season tickets is over 9,000 - so 50k no problem, higher than that very hopeful.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back