New Everton Stadium

What does it matter anyway? A seat with a clear view of the pitch and easy access to off-load 8 pints of bitter at half time. The rest is noise
I'll be honest, I think it does matter, I want this stadium to have character and a uniqueness to it that makes it a one of a kind stadium. I want it to be recognised the world over. I want a venue fit to serve our club over the next 100 years, that's how momentous this has is to me.

Sunderland, Boro, Derby and Coventry are stuck with theirs I want to wowed by ours.

I'll guarantee it. I simply can't see how the architect can say what he's said and then lump us with a simple bowl.

Completely agree. From what Dan Meis has said, it's going to be 4 sides, close to the pitch. If it is a multi use stadium, then i'd imagine it's going to be a state of the art solution - which will only benefit us financially in the future.

So not everybody agreed that the way future us for us to move at some point? Ok then...

BMD wasnt available until fairly recently, the fact that it was vacant is irrelevant.

I am not saying the board are perfect. far from it, but incompetent is a ridiculous comment when you look around at other clubs.

Adequate would be a fairer assessment but some people just seem to have a bee in their bonnet about them for mad reasons.

Fact is, we didn't move did we? If you want to get angry and hold a grudge about stuff that never happened then good for you.

They are incompetent, have you seen our non-TV revenues? They are flatlining or decreasing at a time when football has never had a higher profile. That isn't befitting our club and it's not acceptable.

Don't kid yourself with BMD not being available. LW needs this kick-start as much as we need that land. Any owner with a robust plan could have secured the site, the problem being for Earl, Green, Bill and co is there's no room for a supermarket.

And I'll hold this grudge for as long as those incompetents are on the board. They shouldn't be trusted.

You aren't honestly suggesting that a circular track can't be put inside a square structure are you David
Oval? Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

I'm sure there'd be a load of blarney talked about how it can be done while retaining the integrity of a football stadium for the future blah blah blah...but it'll look like a disgrace.

This plan never works well for a football club and supporters. Name a time when a stadium has been built to cater to these two activities successfully?

Oval? Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

I'm sure there'd be a load of blarney talked about how it can be done while retaining the integrity of a football stadium for the future blah blah blah...but it'll look like a disgrace.

This plan never works well for a football club and supporters. Name a time when a stadium has been built to cater to these two activities successfully?

Amsterdam Arena with the parking underneath.

Football and dogging.

I'll ask again. What's in it for us?

You answered your own question. There would be no reason without financial help. (unless blackmail was involved)

It could well mean the council pay the first x amount of years repayments helping us pile that money back in to the team to help give us an early boost after moving. Effectively the council then don't have to front up the costs either and we all will be paying on tick.

If that does happen expect a transformer stadium. Imagine whole stands on rails that can move back and forth. This could help further boost income later with the multi use nature, more athletics events, cricket, massive concerts etc.

West Ham fans would be sick as a parrot.

You answered your own question. There would be no reason without financial help. (unless blackmail was involved)

It could well mean the council pay the first x amount of years repayments helping us pile that money back in to the team to help give us an early boost after moving. Effectively the council then don't have to front up the costs either and we all will be paying on tick.

If that does happen expect a transformer stadium. Imagine whole stands on rails that can move back and forth. This could help further boost income later with the multi use nature, more athletics events, cricket, massive concerts etc.

West Ham fans would be sick as a parrot.
There would have to be some significant benefits to us to even contemplate amending a pure football stadium, that Dan Meis keeps teasing us about, to accomodate a one off event.
I say we tell the council to go over to the Anfield mob and ask. Not interested.

comparison.webp

Posting this again, it's a rough (scale is slightly off) comparison of the area needed for a track showing Hampden, Crystal palace and the Emirates.

A traditional shaped football stadium cannot accomodate a track. If a track is involved we'll either have a compromised design or the other extreme and have an intelligent design (moving stands etc as @The binman chronicles says).

If it's not the latter I'd like to think we'd tell LCC to do one.

We're going to loan goodison to the council for £4.5m per year for the next 40 years. where they're going to build an athletics track and stuff, then they're buying it of us for £300m.
Do it Big Joe, do it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back