New Everton Stadium

The problem with building a new stadium that incorporates a running track that then gets rebuilt after the running about a bit events are over is that it never really feels new because you except from the start that it's getting changed. You don't really love it or build a bond with it because you are already annoyed that the running about a bit events have taken the shine from what it could have truly been from the start. Then once its fully converted to it's original purpose the excitement has gone. You have already seen two seasons of football from your seat & the hand rails already need a fresh lick of paint.

It's the biggest moment in the history of our club in modern times & it's being ruined so someone can jump in a sandpit & throw a dinner plate whilst secretly hiding thier drugged up ways. Surely there are other places a Canadian & an Australian can come together to come 3rd & 9th.

I'm not happy.

Doesn't mean that at all, and Dan Meis has even mentioned it doesn't need to be a bowl, I trust him

This is what I'm asking in my last post....okay, you say have faith in Meis, it wont be a bowl.....but IF a running track was to be incorporated in whatever way, is there precedent for any actual decent stadium that did have a running track previously AND is not a bowl?

Anybody any clue?

Pretty sure the Millenium stadium can fit a running track and is very multi purpose with lots if different revenue generating events (concerts, football, rugby, speedway, racing, athletics etc) Atmosphere there is very good too

He picked and stayed faithful to the manager.

Kirkby was obviously the only option at the time. Thankfully it didnt happen.

Kirkby was never the only option open to EFC, it was the cheap, chosen option backed and fuelled by many people still on our board today.

If it is possible to design a stadium that looks like San Mames, but can be changed into an athletics venue as well, then why not.

It's not possible to fit it into the San Mamés.

From end to end a running track need approx 177 metres.

A standard UEFA spec pitch is 105 metres.

Let's say it's 7.5 from the goal line to the first row (x2) that gives us a length of 120 metres.

To now accommodate the 57 metres still required to squeeze a track in we'll now need to gain (build a platform, Hampden style)
28.5 metres from each end which is approx 40 rows with a 700 mm depth or 35 rows with 800 mm depth.

The San Mamés lower tier is about 30 rows!

These figures are not even taking into account the gap required from the outside lane to the new row one.

Haven't worked out the width ramifications.....sorry.[/QUOTE]

And on top of all that there needs to be adequate exits which, in the case of a raised platform, may end up underneath the track rendering the whole thing pointless.

This is what I'm asking in my last post....okay, you say have faith in Meis, it wont be a bowl.....but IF a running track was to be incorporated in whatever way, is there precedent for any actual decent stadium that did have a running track previously AND is not a bowl?

Anybody any clue?

No because as @Trueblue1878 says the track area is simply too big. The only way a square stadium can hold athletics is in a part-built configuration and finished afterwards.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back