New Everton Stadium

I normally can't stand "ITK" posts, but I have been informed by an extremely reliable source that the capacity of our new stadium will be 61,000 initially, with the scope to expand to 75,000 if ever we were successful in the future.

That would put us on a par with Spurs, West Ham and Arsenal.

Very encouraging, indeed.

I normally can't stand "ITK" posts, but I have been informed by an extremely reliable source that the capacity of our new stadium will be 61,000 initially, with the scope to expand to 75,000 if ever we were successful in the future.

BMD site unlikely to be big enough for 75000 mate.

Good stuff, thanks for the update fella.

What do folk think about a stadium with a retractable roof ?
I've never been in a closed roof stadium but I've heard from rugby lads (Cardiff) the atmosphere is meant to ace when roof is closed..

What do folk think about a stadium with a retractable roof ?
I've never been in a closed roof stadium but I've heard from rugby lads (Cardiff) the atmosphere is meant to ace when roof is closed..
From going to the millennium stadium a fair bit I've always preferred the roof open for the best atmosphere.

It just occurred to me Everton could bid on UEFA events with this new stadium. Probably wouldn't be big enough for a Champions League final but certainly Europa if the city was interested.

Might be deemed big enough for a CL Final. The 2014 final was at Benfica's 64000 capacity ground, with just over 60000 attending.

It would definitely be big enough for a Europa final.

It is on topic. If this feller has his snout in the MP trough then, head of terms or not, that is the main driving force behind the council financing gone.

It's been signed and agreed by cabinet, not personally by Joe Anderson.

I'd also like to know now how this Metro mayor post influences matters.

It doesn't

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back