New Everton Stadium

The footprint looks fine with the sub-optimum East-West orientation, but stadiums are nearly always built with a North-South orientation. Someone's being a bit sly with those mock-ups.

Either the club are going to build with the 'wrong' orientation because of the shape of the plot, or it's going to be a tighter squeeze than those mock-ups are showing. Not impossible to get a 60k stadium on a site that size with North-South orientation, but it looks tight...

I've done a quick comparison of the dock site and the Emirates -
http://mapmerizer.mikavaa.com/#17;53.42517201521514;-3.0023789447052374;51.55515533164641;-0.10855601719663266;Bramley Moor Dock;Emirates Stadium;hybrid;false;false;false

(Type in the name of any other stadium in the right hand box to compare. It'll scale automatically.)
It wuz Chelsea...

The footprint looks fine with the sub-optimum East-West orientation, but stadiums are nearly always built with a North-South orientation. Someone's being a bit sly with those mock-ups.

Either the club are going to build with the 'wrong' orientation because of the shape of the plot, or it's going to be a tighter squeeze than those mock-ups are showing. Not impossible to get a 60k stadium on a site that size with North-South orientation, but it looks tight...

http://mapmerizer.mikavaa.com/#17;53.42517201521514;-3.0023789447052374;51.55515533164641;-0.10855601719663266;Bramley Moor Dock;Emirates Stadium;hybrid;false;false;false

(Type in the name of any other stadium in the right hand box to compare. It'll scale automatically.)

...I suppose the north/South build will give it greater prominence and perspective from the River. We want it to have a great visual impact, perhaps it could be at a slight angle rather than strictly N/S.

http://mapmerizer.mikavaa.com/#17;53.42518160473419;-3.002164367984046;51.55515533164641;-0.10855601719663355;Bramley Moore Dock;Emirates Stadium;hybrid;false;false;false

I'm hoping that although we have provisionally bought BM, there may be a way of going into nelson by a bit to have the correct alignment and Peel can then take a chunk of the BM site that we won't use. Or it could be that the stadium runs parallel to regents road and not to the river, this would give a bit more space instead of running parallel to the river.

@davek when the new stadium is built, taking its position at the front of one of the most iconic waterfronts in the world, I'm going to buy you a ticket to a champions league game

We can walk down "Joe Anderson Way" chatting about all our previous failures, then take our seats in the "Farad Moshiri stand"
Fixed that for you

I'm hoping that although we have provisionally bought BM, there may be a way of going into nelson by a bit to have the correct alignment and Peel can then take a chunk of the BM site that we won't use. Or it could be that the stadium runs parallel to regents road and not to the river, this would give a bit more space instead of running parallel to the river.

If Peel had their way they'd fill in as much as they could get away with, it's more money for them so I wouldn't be surprised if a bit of Nelson Dock was included. Maybe they'll reclaim a bit of Nelson Dock but keep the dock walls intact, that would get around any heritage issues that may arise?

http://mapmerizer.mikavaa.com/#17;53.42518160473419;-3.002164367984046;51.55515533164641;-0.10855601719663355;Bramley Moore Dock;Emirates Stadium;hybrid;false;false;false

As discussed previously, the indications are that the deal includes Nelson Dock as well. A representative of Peel mentioned it previously, and recent images displayed by Everton (at the Dixies) and Meis' photo show both docks (rather than focusing on BM).

If Peel had their way they'd fill in as much as they could get away with, it's more money for them so I wouldn't be surprised if a bit of Nelson Dock was included. Maybe they'll reclaim a bit of Nelson Dock but keep the dock walls intact, that would get around any heritage issues that may arise?

Like you say eventually all the docks will be filled in so I guess Peel would encourage us to do that as it immediately allows developers to start work on other buildings on the site. The dock walls have to be kept as far as I know.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back