New Everton Stadium

Lets's get down to brass tacks here:

Moshiri was touted as a saviour to take us to the next level. The reality is he wasn't and isn't big enough for that. He's here to get his shares quadrupled on the back of a stadium build and then sale. The squad is almost an afterthought to him.

We were kidded into believing Moshiri was the real deal. He isn't. And that will be underlined this summer after another miserable net spend.
Ok so what level of spending over & above the amount brought in from any player sales would appease that train of thought? I only ask because you seem angry about something that hasn't even happened yet. Also, if it turns out that the spend is a bit less due to rising stadium costs because we want more from it then I can handle that. Stadiums last decades, players last a few seasons generally.

Moshiri was touted as a saviour to take us to the next level. The reality is he wasn't and isn't big enough for that. He's here to get his shares quadrupled on the back of a stadium build and then sale. The squad is almost an afterthought to him.

We were kidded into believing Moshiri was the real deal. He isn't. And that will be underlined this summer after another miserable net spend.

Problem is he was the only one willing to invest on Bill's terms. I disagree that he is here just to make a quick buck, there are easier ways imho.

No one who has money (unless they own a country) thinks about throwing away large amounts of money. It's better for Moshiri if he invests in the both facilities and playing staff to make a decent profit. Can't think of many people who will pay top dollar if we are flirting with relegation and getting 38k in a 60k stadium.

It's fine to be wary, but it's not a foregone conclusion he is here just for the money. We all know your position and we will see in the next few years if you are right. I just wish you weren't so negative until it's proven.

Interior images for that design:

cF524eK.jpg

puDGyOW.jpg
Never seen those internal images before. Thanks for posting.

Dave - serious question (though I know you're not a fan of straight answers)

Would BMD be a realistic possibility if Moshiri hadn't come in? Simple yes/no ta.

This summer will tell us wether this is true or not. It's not looking very good for us tho is it.

And thankfully, you know absolutely nothing about what you talk about. You have no idea what Moshiri is planning.

I can't wait until you are made to look completely foolish.

Ok so what level of spending over & above the amount brought in from any player sales would appease that train of thought? I only ask because you seem angry about something that hasn't even happened yet. Also, if it turns out that the spend is a bit less due to rising stadium costs because we want more from it then I can handle that. Stadiums last decades, players last a few seasons generally.
£50M

True, they are not necessarily friends of fans but, a few owners apart, are not necessarily enemies either. You know as well as anyone, no other multi billionaire was beating a path to our door desperate to buy us. you have no idea what plans are afoot for us, if it takes time it takes time, but to call him out for not spending a fortune after only just over a year here is, frankly, unbelievable. I genuinely expect better from you Dave.
I'd rather he kept on walking and left the place available for a bigger player. Moshiri atm just feels like Robert Earl with a more hands on approach to the stadium situation. Earl came in only for a stadium deal at Kirkby, Moshiri has only come in for the BMD scheme.
They kind of go hand in hand usually.

Like i have said before, I am 100% certain of Moshiris game plan, and it is inconceivable that he will get nowt like the return he would get by selling shares in a successful club, than in trying to offload a basket case.

Its called having an aligned interest.

We'll see how aligned our interests are very shortly I expect.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back