New Everton Stadium

Sack the clown, we need a roof a retractable one huge benefit to host other events!
Reckon Meis is from Florida he needs to book a room for a month at the Hilton in January he would then understand the need for a roof

danmeis‏ @Meisarch 40m40 minutes ago
Replying to @toffeetower
The canopy does that...and, more importantly, passionate, engaged fans focused on the pitch rather than the cheese selection

1. danmeis‏ @Meisarch 41m41 minutes ago
    I want great natural turf and a view to the sky...buy a scarf...a blue one..and a warm jacket

40 replies47 retweets244 likes

2. danmeis‏ @Meisarch 43m43 minutes ago
    I honestly don't understand the desire for a roof. It would be seldom used and cost far more than a handful of great strikers.

God, now I'm depressed

Trying to get my head around our fans getting pissed off at our stadium architect prioritising stand rake/sight lines/atmosphere over roof/cheese room/corporate boxes. Really? Do we want to be a bigger, better version of the club we are or do we want to be another identikit tourist-experience sight-seeing attraction? Yes commercial/corporate improvement is necessary but surely first, last and always we want an intimidating football stadium?

Somebody please reassure me that we are not going to win the CWG

I'd like to win it personally.

The information today already states it'll be a football stadium used for athletics which it would have to be judging by Dan Meis's tweets about being close to the pitch and steep stands. It would have to mean a temporary track installed above ground level.

We would surely get a lot of extra funding, sponsorship, assistance getting plans 'through' and a guarantee that it'll be ready in 4 years time if it was to host the event.

I'd like to win it personally.

The information today already states it'll be a football stadium used for athletics which it would have to be judging by Dan Meis's tweets about being close to the pitch and steep stands. It would have to mean a temporary track installed above ground level.

We would surely get a lot of extra funding, sponsorship, assistance getting plans 'through' and a guarantee that it'll be ready in 4 years time if it was to host the event.

I am pretty sure that even a temporary track above ground level would not be possible without compromising the football design. They will of course tell you it is but I am pretty sure there wil be some board members that have enough architectural knowledge on here to confirm otherwise

If it does happen there would have to be a significant contribution from the council. Not just conversion costs. The big benefit would be the infrastructure around the stadium but I am still against this

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back