New Everton Stadium

It was, and the Bad Moon Rising was a bad rip off called Blue Moon Rising that they played before a game early in 94/95 (possibly QPR?) and was never heard again as it was so bad.

I don't know where the Bad Moon Rising thing came from, but I'm sure they did change it to 2 Unlimited "Ready for this" for a game I was at... I may be getting it mixed up, but I think it was Notts Forrest at home, which was also the unveiling of Amokachi... I'm pretty sure it was back to Z Cars when Amo made his debut against QPR a couple of weeks later.

I don't know where the Bad Moon Rising thing came from, but I'm sure they did change it to 2 Unlimited "Ready for this" for a game I was at... I may be getting it mixed up, but I think it was Notts Forrest at home, which was also the unveiling of Amokachi... I'm pretty sure it was back to Z Cars when Amo made his debut against QPR a couple of weeks later.

The first game of the season was Space Odyssey against Villa, loads of people looking round bemused.
Think Forest was then midweek and they tried 2 Unlimited.
Then against QPR, just before Z-Cars, they tried out Blue Moon Rising (which I think had been specially done by some Scandinavian band)

It was 22 years ago now so a bit hazy!

It's not like it'll release a litre of acid for every square meter of material. It'll be very small amounts. If it was that dangerous, it simply would not be used as a building material. Certainly not in a public building with a high density of people.
A quick calculation.... 62.5% of the molecule is hydrogen and fluorine. The molecular mass of an ETFE repeating unit is 128g and 128g will (assuming complete reaction) release 4 moles of acidic HF which as a gas at room temperature would be 96 litres. HF is a gas that's extremely soluble, and will instantly dissolve into tears, saliva and lung moisture, both making it chemically bad news but also liberating a lot of heat so physical burns will compete with the agonising corrosion occurring in your most sensitive tissues.
In the unlikely event that you survive that, the next thing that happens is that your lungs slowly fill with water until you drown. Should you survive that, the fluoride ions now career around your bloodstream reacting with calcium ions to make billions of needle sharp little calcium fluoride crystals - one of the least soluble substances and impossible for your body to get rid of they tear around your bloodstream damaging organs as they go.

Ergo... Stay upwind of a fire.

Having said all that, it should be pretty difficult to burn, due to all those strong and stable carbon-fluorine bonds.

Hope you've finished your dinner!

*dies a little inside

A quick calculation.... 62.5% of the molecule is hydrogen and fluorine. The molecular mass of an ETFE repeating unit is 128g and 128g will (assuming complete reaction) release 4 moles of acidic HF which as a gas at room temperature would be 96 litres. HF is a gas that's extremely soluble, and will instantly dissolve into tears, saliva and lung moisture, both making it chemically bad news but also liberating a lot of heat so physical burns will compete with the agonising corrosion occurring in your most sensitive tissues.
In the unlikely event that you survive that, the next thing that happens is that your lungs slowly fill with water until you drown. Should you survive that, the fluoride ions now career around your bloodstream reacting with calcium ions to make billions of needle sharp little calcium fluoride crystals - one of the least soluble substances and impossible for your body to get rid of they tear around your bloodstream damaging organs as they go.

Having said all that, it should be pretty difficult to burn, due to all those strong and stable carbon-fluorine bonds.

As long as we win.......

It's not like it'll release a litre of acid for every square meter of material. It'll be very small amounts. If it was that dangerous, it simply would not be used as a building material. Certainly not in a public building with a high density of people.
In theory yes. But as the cladding in the block of flats have shown today, sometimes the regulations and what's allowed don't always tie together with the chemistry.

giphy.gif

danmeis‏ @Meisarch 40m40 minutes ago
Replying to @toffeetower
The canopy does that...and, more importantly, passionate, engaged fans focused on the pitch rather than the cheese selection

1. danmeis‏ @Meisarch 41m41 minutes ago
    I want great natural turf and a view to the sky...buy a scarf...a blue one..and a warm jacket

40 replies47 retweets244 likes

2. danmeis‏ @Meisarch 43m43 minutes ago
    I honestly don't understand the desire for a roof. It would be seldom used and cost far more than a handful of great strikers.

danmeis‏ @Meisarch 40m40 minutes ago
Replying to @toffeetower
The canopy does that...and, more importantly, passionate, engaged fans focused on the pitch rather than the cheese selection

1. danmeis‏ @Meisarch 41m41 minutes ago
    I want great natural turf and a view to the sky...buy a scarf...a blue one..and a warm jacket

40 replies47 retweets244 likes

2. danmeis‏ @Meisarch 43m43 minutes ago
    I honestly don't understand the desire for a roof. It would be seldom used and cost far more than a handful of great strikers.

He builds stadium on low budgets mate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back