New Everton Stadium

In her book, "The Friends of Voltaire", first published in 1906, Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote the phrase: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

As a huge advocate for free speech, no matter how skewed your views, this is something I championed whole heartedly.

But then I started reading Dave's posts. And maaaaaaaan has he started to grind me down.

Here's what Juventus got:

Juve_07_672-458_resize.jpg

Is it too much to ask for that for us?

I'm not saying he wont change course and give us that in the end, but he wont if he's not told his initial drawings are not wanted. If no one murmurs about it then he'll think: "First sketch out there and no one was troubled by it. I'll crack on". And no one could blame him.
I can't see Juve's working for us. There's a pointless divide of the stands behind the goals.

Part of me, just for funsies, wants a square ground in a bowl exterior.

I was half expecting that's what we'd get to be honest but judging by the odd comment from some, it won't be. As pointed out earlier, the majority were behind Kings Dock and that was essentially a bowl. The location and the attendance are the game-changers for me.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back