New Everton Stadium

I'll have to root out the specific book, however off the top of my head I recollect that their introduction was linked with the 1966 World Cup games.
Yeah Fifa had a ruling,that spectators had to be a certain distance away from the goal,thus the semi circle,sorry I don't have proof,but I have definitely read it somewhere

Im

I'm certain that pic of the guy with the dart in his nose was an away fan in the Anny Road end at the pit.

Yeah late 70s iirc
I could be getting that picture mixed up with the main story.
If it was at the Pit it must have been thrown by a Chelsea fan then haha.
Back on topic I am pretty sure the half circles were the result of crowd behaviour and we accepted them pretty willingly, possibly linked to protecting our desire to have World Cup matches.

Looks like most on there are using movable seating and steep stands. Looking forward to see how it's done.

Certainly will be. My theory on it is that the council would not agree to the SPV arrangement unless the design incorporated a temporary track.

The club/architect are spinning the line that there is no compromise for athletics and the design would be the same CWG or no CWG.

The evidence however does not support this as the new stadiums that are maximising the regs in terms of stand steepness and proximity to the pitch like the New white hart lane could not come close to accommodating a temporary track on a raised platform above their first tier.

A solution could be movable stands but are surely to expensive or alternatively 1 end not being completed until after the CWG. I would be happy with this approach and it would surely make it easier for them to assemble and remove the track but all public comments suggest a fully complete stadium for the season before the CWG.

Don't get me wrong I am sure we will end up with a decent stadium that won't be anything like the London stadium but it will be compromised. I expect it will be more Emirates/Ethihad then the New White Hart Lane but with some nice Everton touches and to be fair if someone had offered us that on the North Docks 5 years ago most of us would have bitten their hand off.

Certainly will be. My theory on it is that the council would not agree to the SPV arrangement unless the design incorporated a temporary track.

The club/architect are spinning the line that there is no compromise for athletics and the design would be the same CWG or no CWG.

The evidence however does not support this as the new stadiums that are maximising the regs in terms of stand steepness and proximity to the pitch like the New white hart lane could not come close to accommodating a temporary track on a raised platform above their first tier.

A solution could be movable stands but are surely to expensive or alternatively 1 end not being completed until after the CWG. I would be happy with this approach and it would surely make it easier for them to assemble and remove the track but all public comments suggest a fully complete stadium for the season before the CWG.

Don't get me wrong I am sure we will end up with a decent stadium that won't be anything like the London stadium but it will be compromised. I expect it will be more Emirates/Ethihad then the New White Hart Lane but with some nice Everton touches and to be fair if someone had offered us that on the North Docks 5 years ago most of us would have bitten their hand off.

The more I think about it the more I think we wont get the games.
-There will be no athletics legacy.
-There's potential for chaos with the very tight time schedule to convert the stadium.
-The organisers wont want uncertainty after Durban already pulling out.

Is Meis therefore planning 2 separate stadium plans depending on whether we get the games or not?
Anyone know the timeline? I'd have thought we have to submit the stadium plans before the bid decision is made. What happens then if we dont win the bid? Scrap all those plans and make new ones?

-There's potential for chaos with the very tight time schedule to convert the stadium.

Is Meis therefore planning 2 separate stadium plans depending on whether we get the games or not?
Anyone know the timeline? I'd have thought we have to submit the stadium plans before the bid decision is made. What happens then if we dont win the bid? Scrap all those plans and make new ones?

I believe it is September for the decision but stand to be corrected. Hopefully there are 2 designs but fear that is not the case

Hopefully he's just planning the one with the inside knowledge that we won't get the games.

Im

I'm certain that pic of the guy with the dart in his nose was an away fan in the Anny Road end at the pit.

s-soccer-violence-a-manchester-utd-fan-with-a-dart-stuck-in-his-face-picture-id79054202

Iirc the two issues were linked. We had a run of dodgy incidents in early 60s including a graphic one of a guy with a dart in his nose and had to accept the half circles as a way to do something serious in order to preserve our status as the main ground apart from Wembley because of the relatively high proportion(or number) of seats compared with most. Relying on memory though, not 100% certain.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/old-everton-pictures.55383/page-518

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back