New Everton Stadium

But it does underline the contradiction at the heart of that Elstone statement just yesterday doesn't it?

The fans will be canvassed for views and they'll be guided by those views - but apparently only in as much as they can say yay or nay to maybe a couple of designs: one presumably a shed, the other half presentable.

Think badge redesign Hobson Choice solution and you'll be close.
Jesus Dave its a stadium. Just don't get the obsession with the shape. The drawing I've seen is square, but as I said could purely be for max footprint purposes

Jesus Dave its a stadium. Just don't get the obsession with the shape. The drawing I've seen is square, but as I said could purely be for max footprint purposes

It's about the most important thing to get right for fans there is.

I'm merely stating that the info you have come forward with today suggests the consultation period will be limited to presenting to the club's hand picked fan forum a drawing to rubber stamp.

It's about the most important thing to get right for fans there is.

I'm merely stating that the info you have come forward with today suggests the consultation period will be limited to presenting to the club's hand picked fan forum a drawing to rubber stamp.
We have a very limited area in which to place a stadium. The pic I have is square but no side views. Was sceptical but the source is very reliable. Perhaps finer details may be put to fans

But it does underline the contradiction at the heart of that Elstone statement just yesterday doesn't it?

The fans will be canvassed for views and they'll be guided by those views - but apparently only in as much as they can say yay or nay to maybe a couple of designs: one presumably a shed, the other half presentable.

The stadium will be a thing of great beauty and we'll all love it ... even your good self chucklechops.

But yea, you're right, it won't be designed by the fans and the design will have constraints of some sort which will mean that not everyone is happy. But there is, literally, no design that would make everyone happy. I understand what you're saying about the "fan involvement process", because there's a lot of truth in it in that it'll likely be a box ticking exercise. However, at the end of the day, you employ an architect, and let him get on with it. I'm sure if he comes up with something that people find grotesque then he'll be told about it soon enough, but he appears to have a fair amount of common sense, so I reckon it'll be just fine.

If we wound back time to the 1900's I'm sure there'll have been some miserable arl arses complaining about those stupid looking blue and white crosses.

image.webp
We have a very limited area in which to place a stadium. The pic I have is square but no side views. Was sceptical but the source is very reliable. Perhaps finer details may be put to fans
Anything like this

I would expect that with a programme as tight as what they are looking at, they will release the information in stages. For e.g. the Civils work can go out for information and early stage budget work before the building design has been completed. All they would need to know is the maximum loads etc.

No idea what this drawing is that @TommyDavo has seen, but I would hazard a guess that its for externals.

I would expect that with a programme as tight as what they are looking at, they will release the information in stages. For e.g. the Civils work can go out for information and early stage budget work before the building design has been completed. All they would need to know is the maximum loads etc.

No idea what this drawing is that @TommyDavo has seen, but I would hazard a guess that its for externals.
A plan view mate. Nothing else

..reading the Elstone statement suggests to me that they have already been listening to the fans views. Of course, folk have different views so they won't be able to please everybody.

The stadium will be a thing of great beauty and we'll all love it ... even your good self chucklechops.

But yea, you're right, it won't be designed by the fans and the design will have constraints of some sort which will mean that not everyone is happy. But there is, literally, no design that would make everyone happy. I understand what you're saying about the "fan involvement process", because there's a lot of truth in it in that it'll likely be a box ticking exercise. However, at the end of the day, you employ an architect, and let him get on with it. I'm sure if he comes up with something that people find grotesque then he'll be told about it soon enough, but he appears to have a fair amount of common sense, so I reckon it'll be just fine.

If we wound back time to the 1900's I'm sure there'll have been some miserable arl arses complaining about those stupid looking blue and white crosses.
I back that. But only in as much as he has had his card marked thoroughly concerning basic stadium design (exterior...ie no grotesque bowl shape that carries on into the interior) and that - within regulations - the playing surface is a very small distance to the stands and that those stands rake up steeply. Elstone hinted at that in yesterday's interview, but as usual with him it was couched in vague language about 'what's possible'.

I back that. But only in as much as he has had his card marked thoroughly concerning basic stadium design (exterior...ie no grotesque bowl shape that carries on into the interior) and that - within regulations - the playing surface is a very small distance to the stands and that those stands rake up steeply. Elstone hinted at that in yesterday's interview, but as usual with him it was couched in vague language about 'what's possible'.

I've actually forgotten what you're so angry at.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back