New Everton Stadium

..reading the Elstone statement suggests to me that they have already been listening to the fans views. Of course, folk have different views so they won't be able to please everybody.
Yes, it did sound that way. But Elstone is a lizard. Look at how he flip flopped on the issue of corporate boxes in stadiums. He now doesn't believe there should be a lot; previously he stated it was paramount to have them.

He's not to be trusted. He'll make all the right noises and then let you down.

Yes, it did sound that way. But Elstone is a lizard. Look at how he flip flopped on the issue of corporate boxes in stadiums. He now doesn't believe there should be a lot; previously he stated it was paramount to have them.

He's not to be trusted. He'll make all the right noises and then let you down.

....I think there'll be high-level requirements like the shape of the ground, closeness to the pitch, home end etc. Then there'll be the low level stuff they will concult fans closely on.

....I think there'll be high-level requirements like the shape of the ground, closeness to the pitch, home end etc. Then there'll be the low level stuff they will concult fans closely on.
...shall we call one of the lounges the Holy Trinity lounge?
...will we have blue gravel around the pitch or not?
...how about naming one of the approaching avenues 'Bill Kenwright Way'?

Was hoping for something like this he mocked up for the NFL NY Jets a few years ago.

ny_jets_2.jpg

I'm a bit gutted my community, my pubs and my hippies will be destroyed by this move so am biased but genuinely it stinks down there lads. What can we do about that?

Was hoping for something like this he mocked up for the NFL NY Jets a few years ago.

ny_jets_2.jpg

I have seen this on the Meis website and I love the multi faceted design. Definitely not a bowl....
The reason for the mast like structure on this design is to support a retractable roof, however an iconic structure something like this that echo's the tall ship heritage would not look out of place on the waterfront. Some dock brick incorporated into it wouldn't harm either.

I have seen this on the Meis website and I love the multi faceted design. Definitely not a bowl....
The reason for the mast like structure on this design is to support a retractable roof, however an iconic structure something like this that echo's the tall ship heritage would not look out of place on the waterfront. Some dock brick incorporated into it wouldn't harm either.

Yeah I just like the mast as a design element

League 2 clubs prob have a turnover enough to pay for the stadium loan. You would have to alter your playing staff to reduce other costs thats all. If ticket prices are right we would still have a large following in the lower divisions, so the larger stadium helps there too, not to mention naming rights.

A football club is not the sort of business you would usually lend to long term, there are a few historic clubs that buck that trend though. We are one of them, that's why the council are willing guarantors.

Your first sentence is so wrong that anything that follows is irrelevant. Loans are repaid through profits not turnover and most League 2 clubs are happy if they manage to break even never mind make a profit most are being propped up by private investors.

I'm a bit gutted my community, my pubs and my hippies will be destroyed by this move so am biased but genuinely it stinks down there lads. What can we do about that?

...surely any smell is better than dodging the mass of dog poo around Goodison. That's something the community needs to do something about.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back