New Everton Stadium

The head of German athletics says plans to redevelop the Berlin Olympic Stadium into a "loud, steep and close" arena would signal an end to Berlin hosting international athletics. Kind of the opposite that we are being told about BMD.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...lympic-stadium-would-end-any-future-games-bid
Not really, because ours would be modified for a single event (Commonwealth Games) and then go back to being the desired football stadium. If they redevelop the Berlin Olympic Stadium they are not going to put in a temporary solution every time athletics is to be hosted.

Not really, because ours would be modified for a single event (Commonwealth Games) and then go back to being the desired football stadium. If they redevelop the Berlin Olympic Stadium they are not going to put in a temporary solution every time athletics is to be hosted.

Yet that is exactly what they are proposing at BMD. They have said that our tight, steep stadium's designed will not be compromised by the CWG whatsoever and a temporary track is possible. In Berlin they are saying it is incompatible with the same football criteria.

Yet that is exactly what they are proposing at BMD. They have said that our tight, steep stadium's designed will not be compromised by the CWG whatsoever and a temporary track is possible. In Berlin they are saying it is incompatible with the same football criteria.
Not at all, and interpreting it in this way suggests a need to be cynical.They are saying the reverse in Berlin, that converting an Athletics stadium to a football stadium will result in it not being available for international athletics (because it will no longer be able to accomodate a permanent running track). That's not quite the same as saying we can put temporary plans in place to accomodate a track and then convert to a football stadium. If anything Berlin are demonstrating it is possible to take a stadium that accomodates athletics and turn it into a football stadium!

Your first sentence is so wrong that anything that follows is irrelevant. Loans are repaid through profits not turnover and most League 2 clubs are happy if they manage to break even never mind make a profit most are being propped up by private investors.

Blah blah blah. That is up to the club on how it spends it's income. You can pay less on wages and other running costs you know? A lot of these clubs are heavily in debt to start with so of course they run on a hand to mouth existence. I posted an example of I think Wolves had a turned over 40 odd million despite being in league 2. My post shows it possible to service 12-18 million a year. Get over yourself.

So first off you mean the Championship and not League 2 which changes things slightly. However a turnover of £40 odd million in the Championship in no way translates to a - key word here - PROFIT of £12-18 million a year at a football club.

I'm not trying to be pedantic, when making decisions about finances the club will be governed by the reality of the commercial performance of football clubs and financial markets not the assumptions made on forums. On a turnover of £40 million Wolves would be lucky to make £4 million in profit. Most Championship clubs run with wages accounting for 100% of revenue -so no profit at all and the majority make a loss (those that don't have wealthy benefactors propping them up). Understandably banks are nervous about lending to football clubs without guarantors because too many of them lose rather than make money (Everton are a loss making club). So basically without deals involving Moshiri and the Council no one would lend us money over a long term arrangement. I don't get why people want to see nthing sinister here, it's the only way to fund a deal unless Moshiri decides to build us a shiney new stadium out of the goodness of his heart (no other owner including Abramovich or the Mansours have done this in living memory).

So first off you mean the Championship and not League 2 which changes things slightly. However a turnover of £40 odd million in the Championship in no way translates to a - key word here - PROFIT of £12-18 million a year at a football club.

I'm not trying to be pedantic, when making decisions about finances the club will be governed by the reality of the commercial performance of football clubs and financial markets not the assumptions made on forums. On a turnover of £40 million Wolves would be lucky to make £4 million in profit. Most Championship clubs run with wages accounting for 100% of revenue -so no profit at all and the majority make a loss (those that don't have wealthy benefactors propping them up). Understandably banks are nervous about lending to football clubs without guarantors because too many of them lose rather than make money (Everton are a loss making club). So basically without deals involving Moshiri and the Council no one would lend us money over a long term arrangement. I don't get why people want to see nthing sinister here, it's the only way to fund a deal unless Moshiri decides to build us a shiney new stadium out of the goodness of his heart (no other owner including Abramovich or the Mansours have done this in living memory).

Oops I actually meant league 1, this was like 4 seasons back. We would generate far more income (not profit) than they could because of the new stadium & inflation.

I know what you are getting at in terms of revenue and actual profit but like you say we do not exist to turn a profit and neither do most clubs. Think of the stadium as your mortgage/rent, presumably that's the first thing taken away from your income. What we are left is what we can spend on players, coaches, admin staff, electricity and so on. This is if disaster upon disaster befell the club. I was just saying worst comes to the worst we can still can pay esp. seeing we need like a 5 year slush fund to start with anyhow to cover potential dips in income.

Totally agree with banks lending to football clubs in normal circumstances, so I think it's the best possible way to finance the stadium without actually been given one for free.

who cares, just do it, I'm not paying it back, mashiri had a big input in arsenals move, so I trust him, he didn't make his money by luck, couple years back we were moaning we had no money, now we are buying who we like getting new ground and people are still not happy

Not at all, and interpreting it in this way suggests a need to be cynical.They are saying the reverse in Berlin, that converting an Athletics stadium to a football stadium will result in it not being available for international athletics (because it will no longer be able to accomodate a permanent running track). That's not quite the same as saying we can put temporary plans in place to accomodate a track and then convert to a football stadium. If anything Berlin are demonstrating it is possible to take a stadium that accomodates athletics and turn it into a football stadium!

Permanent or temporary the actual track area is a constant (caveat our CWG bid overall events area will be less wide) and there are no examples of a track fitting into a tight football stadium.

We are led to believe the design is completely unaffected by this bid so there are no temporary plans as you put it. Equally there are no plans to convert to a football stadium afterwards as it already is one and will have been for a year come summer 2022.

Either the track defies mathematics and fits or somebody is lying and we are set for 40k spectators sat outside of the track area, inconsistent with the current claims.

I'm a bit gutted my community, my pubs and my hippies will be destroyed by this move so am biased but genuinely it stinks down there lads. What can we do about that?

Replace the clock tower with something like this?

perfume-spray-20978902.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back