New Everton Stadium

Think that would have something to do with the revenue generated from advertising on the big screen ....after all it is America , everything stops for an opportunity to make money.
I think it's all about the technical nature of the game. Coaches can challenge referees calls and plays get reviewed fairly often, with views from many camera angles, so the big screen is part of the game.

That bottom picture looks like the awful view you get from st James park.

Looks like someone's has just put a few top balconys on the side. Looks awful to me.

I agree. I wonder if those people asking for the steep stands are wanting those views themselves, or if just think it looks intimidating on the computer games.

St James' Park is the best example of what it would be like in steep stand, and I must admit I don't hear people go on about it after an away there.

There are fans of the Top Balcony though so yes I do have to accept some fans will want it for themselves but certainly not the number of fans who are asking for steepness? Plus that stand is hardly intimidating is it? Who going to jump up and down in that stand? Have mad piley ons after a goal like some of the Street End celebrations? Shallow stands for me please.

I would imagine, like the Vikings stadium, the river end will have a low away stand with a glass wall above it. Opposite that will be a huge single stand for home support, similar to what spurs are building, then 3 tiers on each side.

I agree. I wonder if those people asking for the steep stands are wanting those views themselves, or if just think it looks intimidating on the computer games.

St James' Park is the best example of what it would be like in steep stand, and I must admit I don't hear people go on about it after an away there.

There are fans of the Top Balcony though so yes I do have to accept some fans will want it for themselves but certainly not the number of fans who are asking for steepness? Plus that stand is hardly intimidating is it? Who going to jump up and down in that stand? Have mad piley ons after a goal like some of the Street End celebrations? Shallow stands for me please.

To be fair the Top Balc and St James L7 are nothing like one another. The views in the TB (obstructed aside) are outstanding. St James' just built backwards.

One of Goodison's past criticisms was that it had too many acoustical pens. So songs had a lot more work to do for them to reach all the different parts of the ground. So the traditional home in the middle of the Gwladys Street where all the songs started had to contend with a mix between no roof and an overhang from the upper Gwladys St that wasn't designed for amplifying noise. The songs needed to compensate for the lack of acoustics by a greater percentage of fans joining in for them to spread to the rest of the Lower, the upper, then to the Enclosure, Main Stand, Paddock etc etc. So by the time songs reached the sides they'd pretty much finished

When the Park End was built you could see the effect of proper acoustics, their songs got loud quicker to the point where the rest of the stadium felt compelled to join in with them far sooner than with songs started in the Lower Gwladys St.

So the number of acoustical pens did not matter once the End Stand reached a certain noise level.

So behind the goal you desperately need a different type of stand to the side stand. Single tiers work so much better behind the goal where you need songs to quickly spread under a proper roof, whereas multiple tiers work better on the sides where you want fans to be as close to the noise of the End Stand as possible.

I'm encouraged by talk of this massive Home Stand, though disappointed it's only the one. Though more spy work is needed to see how this home End will formed. Are they thinking of one tier or loads of little tiers?
We have enough 'TEARS' already and we're only 4 games in!

To be fair the Top Balc and St James L7 are nothing like one another. The views in the TB (obstructed aside) are outstanding. St James' just built backwards.

Both are high up steep stands that will give us an idea of what high up steep stands are like for the new ground.

If both are different then that is good, it gives us a more rounded opinion on what it's like being up there.

I couldn't tell you the height or distance from the pitch the first row starts of each. I suppose we could try gollying down from each and timing how long it takes to land on the pitch!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back