New Everton Stadium

Anyone who thinks we are getting a new stadium are living in noddy land.

We are almost certainly getting a stadium. I'm 99.9% sure of it. How good it will be I've no idea but I'd assume it will be decent.

The problem is that the only reason Moshiri is involved is for his own investment in the stadium as part of the wider docklands regeneration. He will be gone with a huge profit soon after the stadium is running. Everything he does is about growing his own asset at low or minimal personal risk.

And the team and on field success will be constantly neglected during the period as it's way down the list of his priorities. Our only hope is that we get a good stadium and he sells soon after so we can get someone in who at least wants to see Everton challenging again.

We are almost certainly getting a stadium. I'm 99.9% sure of it. How good it will be I've no idea but I'd assume it will be decent.

The problem is that the only reason Moshiri is involved is for his own investment in the stadium as part of the wider docklands regeneration. He will be gone with a huge profit soon after the stadium is running. Everything he does is about growing his own asset at low or minimal personal risk.

And the team and on field success will be constantly neglected during the period as it's way down the list of his priorities. Our only hope is that we get a good stadium and he sells soon after so we can get someone in who at least wants to see Everton challenging again.
Mate I appreciate your opinion,but mine is not going to change,just like it didn't happen at the kings dock,it won't happen at bramley moor.

And?

Other than the clubs owned by pretty much a country, which ones are not?

I've made this point before. I fully respect him as a businessman. Of course he's astute.

But football is not business. Football is about winning not financial success. You cant treat football like any otber business. Football is community and identity. We will never be successful while our owner places football well below his own personal wealth in the list of priorities.

Mate I appreciate your opinion,but mine is not going to change,just like it didn't happen at the kings dock,it won't happen at bramley moor.

Everything he does is financially sound from his own business sense. But unfortunately his personal success financially is going to be at the detriment of us having a competitive side. Football is way down his list of priorities and quite frankly not where his expertise lies.

Well, that someone else, if the runes are to be believed/theories come to fruition, could be a good mate of his.....whether it will or not, havnt a clue. But, I would be happier having Usmanovs wingman doing the groundwork than *insert random rich bloke*

Time, as ever, will tell.

Well, that someone else, if the runes are to be believed/theories come to fruition, could be a good mate of his.....whether it will or not, havnt a clue. But, I would be happier having Usmanovs wingman doing the groundwork than *insert random rich bloke*

Time, as ever, will tell.

He needs to take control of the football side of affairs because we are ultimately a football club not a construction company. Everything he does football wise has largely failed, he's made us a laughing stock in the media, and he's been indecisive both in hiring/firing managers and in ensuring they get the players they need.

The idea that it's acceptable for Everton to be used by a wealthy man simply to make himself even wealthier, is just ridiculous. In the absence of any ounce of success or competitiveness on the field it's just downright disgraceful and unacceptable.

He needs to take control of the football side of affairs because we are ultimately a football club not a construction company. Everything he does football wise has largely failed, he's made us a laughing stock in the media, and he's been indecisive both in hiring/firing managers and in ensuring they get the players they need.

The idea that it's acceptable for Everton to be used by a wealthy man simply to make himself even wealthier, is just ridiculous. In the absence of any ounce of success or competitiveness on the field it's just downright disgraceful and unacceptable.

We needed someone who could make the ground move happen after Kenwright's cock ups.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back