New Everton Stadium

He needs to take control of the football side of affairs because we are ultimately a football club not a construction company. Everything he does football wise has largely failed, he's made us a laughing stock in the media, and he's been indecisive both in hiring/firing managers and in ensuring they get the players they need.

The idea that it's acceptable for Everton to be used by a wealthy man simply to make himself even wealthier, is just ridiculous. In the absence of any ounce of success or competitiveness on the field it's just downright disgraceful and unacceptable.

Sadly, its the way of the world Tim. I dont like it that much either, but the days of the local butcher, (or pools magnate) pouring cash into a club for altruistic reasons are rare/long gone.

My view is that one day, I wont be here. Everton will be. And if some fella makes a few bob by facilitating a ground that my offspring, and theirs, can be proud of, and will stand for another 100 plus years, cant really see the problem.

Sadly, its the way of the world Tim. I dont like it that much either, but the days of the local butcher, (or pools magnate) pouring cash into a club for altruistic reasons are rare/long gone.

My view is that one day, I wont be here. Everton will be. And if some fella makes a few bob by facilitating a ground that my offspring, and theirs, can be proud of, and will stand for another 100 plus years, cant really see the problem.

But what happens if we become that bad that your offspring and generations to come start practicing the evil arts and support the RS and only go to our shiny new ground for away cup games.

You won't be here?

I always had you down as a young lad.

He needs to take control of the football side of affairs because we are ultimately a football club not a construction company. Everything he does football wise has largely failed, he's made us a laughing stock in the media, and he's been indecisive both in hiring/firing managers and in ensuring they get the players they need.

The idea that it's acceptable for Everton to be used by a wealthy man simply to make himself even wealthier, is just ridiculous. In the absence of any ounce of success or competitiveness on the field it's just downright disgraceful and unacceptable.

At the rate we are declining the new stadium, it it ever arrives, will be hosting Championship football :mad:

If that status was removed what, if any, would be the practical and negative effects on the city?

Pretty much zero impact. Ban stag and hen do's and it's a different story.

no-one has even seen a concept design for this stadium as yet and we are 2 years into the plan.

Seriously, why the clamour? It'd change nothing either if we had released one. I'll give you a concept design now if you like, it'll have blue seats surrounding a grass pitch.

Pretty much zero impact. Ban stag and hen do's and it's a different story.

Seriously, why the clamour? It'd change nothing either if we had released one. I'll give you a concept design now if you like, it'll have blue seats surrounding a grass pitch.
its all pie in the sky mate.

2 years into the plan? Less than 18 months ago it was still undecided between the dock & Stonebridge

officially yes.

we were never going to Stonebridge.

Moshiri was in talks with bill for 18 months BEFORE he invested in us, and was looking into stadium stuff before deciding to invest.

the stadium plans/talks have now been ongoing for 2 years.

its definitely dragging on much longer than it should, making me believe that its all just hype and no action

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back