New Everton Stadium

IMO Dave, the CWG was a convenient excuse for LCC to de risk a chunk of the build via the SPV thing. In fact, I would go further, and in the absence of any actual bid document, (not that I saw anyrate) and the indecent haste that Birmingham got the gig, Mayor Joe was pleased Liverpool didnt get them.

The pace (sic) of all this is a worry, but that said, I am absolutely convinced that serious players are lining up their chips for the bun fest that the development will be.

As ever, eggs are still in their box, and not, yet, on my face.

Hope so mate. I hate to think though that we're at a stage of only now trying to find institutional investors. Surely you'd only launch a scheme with those already in place?

I wonder also whether the project has been affected by the council CEO (Fitzgerald) being suspended as he was closely working with the club from the council end.

Whatever, this inactivity is troubling.

Dave
Do you honestly think that between Moshiri ,Usmanov , Corestate, and the State Bank of China they could not rustle up 4 or 5 hundred million to lend to Everton through a SPV with the Loan guaranteed by the City Council.
I know it’s not chicken feed but it’s an easily obtained figure in financial circles for the right purpose.
Large pension investment companies ie those that look after civil service pensions would have no problem investing that type of money if the proposal was safe and guaranteed
I’d say the funding is not the issue
...so why aren't we seeing movement?

Hope so mate. I hate to think though that we're at a stage of only now trying to find institutional investors. Surely you'd only launch a scheme with those already in place?

I wonder also whether the project has been affected by the council CEO (Fitzgerald) being suspended as he was closely working with the club from the council end.

Have never even heard of Fitzgerald, and havnt a clue about the internals of LCC. (Bristol Evening Post dont cover it much!)

I have no idea what/why/if there are delays, but I am certain that big players are in the game. And when those get involved, they usually get the build.

Way too many $$$/£££ at stake. And a compliant LCC/Mayor.

No really,not if you don't believe it was going to happen.

...so why aren't we seeing movement?

Fair question.

Lets take the assumption that nowt public could be said until the Liverpool CWG "bid" lol "failed".

Then, the machinations at Arsenal re Usnamov. (Not that that deal or not would wreck/confirm anything, but IF he sold, a path is less stony). I would assume that Moshiri, and by extension, Mayor Joe would be kept abreast of all that.

That, ^^^ MIGHT be the delay. If AU divests himself of his shares, easy peasy. If he doesnt/wont, the LCC SPV thing gets filled up by more, er, traditional corporate property players.

As ever, I might be a billion miles away.

Last March we were told, 'The club are also expected to submit a detailed planning application by the end of the year.'
I think it's pretty clear that's not going to happen but hopefully there will be some tangible progress early next year.

There must have been fairly detailed plans submitted as part of the bid process to try and get the games in the first place, I doubt they could have gotten away with pages on the floating swimming pool and then:

Athletics stadium at Bramley Moore

TBC.

Just because they are being kept on the downlow doesn't mean they don't exist. I expect they are being modified to a version that removes the ability to hold athletics and will be out by the end of the year as planned. The difference between this attempt at moving to a new stadium is the fact the board are being cautious and making sure everything is in order, it would be the simplest thing to do to release pictures of something without getting the ducks in line first. These pictures would then be what we see when we type Kings Dock Everton into google (other search engines are available) now, stuff that haunts us and gives ammunition for others to throw at us.

No news is good news in this case, we would soon hear about it if it goes down the pan. If like you say it's not until next year then so be it. We are only going to be moving once in the next 100 or so years so better to make sure it is done properly.

Last edited:
Fair question.

Lets take the assumption that nowt public could be said until the Liverpool CWG "bid" lol "failed".

Then, the machinations at Arsenal re Usnamov. (Not that that deal or not would wreck/confirm anything, but IF he sold, a path is less stony). I would assume that Moshiri, and by extension, Mayor Joe would be kept abreast of all that.

That, ^^^ MIGHT be the delay. If AU divests himself of his shares, easy peasy. If he doesnt/wont, the LCC SPV thing gets filled up by more, er, traditional corporate property players.

As ever, I might be a billion miles away.
In terms of clarifying how the funds will have to be raised that's a reasonable surmising of what's happened.

In terms of consultation on design and production of a vision for this project it doesn't address matters.

And what I think we can all agree on is that the communication on this has been predictably dire.

In terms of clarifying how the funds will have to be raised that's a reasonable surmising of what's happened.

In terms of consultation on design and production of a vision for this project it doesn't address matters.

And what I think we can all agree on is that the communication on this has been predictably dire.

The communication has been pure Everton. Agreed. (Might be reasons behind that mind)

The design/consultation? Would put next weeks pocket money on that all sorted anyrate.

This thing, could, conceivably, be 5 years away, (that Stadium in 2 years statement was utter eyewash), but, it will happen. To repeat till coda, way too much cash involved.

I wonder also whether the project has been affected by the council CEO (Fitzgerald) being suspended as he was closely working with the club from the council.
It's an unwelcome complication but in such a large undertaking there are obviously going to be many.
'Mayor Anderson's chief executive Ged Fitzgerald is currently on bail, connected with an ongoing fraud investigation – something which may complicate matters further.
Fitzgerald has currently stepped away from his role while the probe continues and is set to discover whether he will keep his job in the near future. Should that not be the case, it is likely that a new chief executive would need to be won over.'

It's an unwelcome complication but in such a large undertaking there are obviously going to be many.
'Mayor Anderson's chief executive Ged Fitzgerald is currently on bail, connected with an ongoing fraud investigation – something which may complicate matters further.
Fitzgerald has currently stepped away from his role while the probe continues and is set to discover whether he will keep his job in the near future. Should that not be the case, it is likely that a new chief executive would need to be won over.'
I know he was working closely with Elstone on the stadium scheme.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back