New Everton Stadium

Personally, I will put up with a few more years of mediocrity on the pitch (we've just had thirty of them) if it means we end up with a stadium that puts Anfield in the shade.

I know that's probably an unpopular view, but once we've got a new stadium we will be able to spend big on the team on a regular basis. Arsenal have made over a million quid every match day since leaving Highbury.

There must have been fairly detailed plans submitted as part of the bid process to try and get the games in the first place, I doubt they could have gotten away with pages on the floating swimming pool and then:

Athletics stadium at Bramley Moore

TBC.

Just because they are being kept on the downlow doesn't mean they don't exist. I expect they are being modified to a version that removes the ability to hold athletics and will be out by the end of the year as planned. The difference between this attempt at moving to a new stadium is the fact the board are being cautious and making sure everything is in order, it would be the simplest thing to do to release pictures of something without getting the ducks in line first. These pictures would then be what we see when we type Kings Dock Everton into google (other search engines are available) now, stuff that haunts us and gives ammunition for others to throw at us.

No news is good news in this case, we would soon hear about it if it goes down the pan. If like you say it's not until next year then so be it. We are only going to be moving once in the next 100 or so years so better to make sure it is done properly.

Interesting from Seb Coe that they are looking at ways of bringing athletics into football stadia....

“Over the next year, our relentless focus on formats and the changes we make in the sport has to be laser-like. ’m not ruling anything out now. Everything is on the table. I want to look at simple things. Why are we wedded to 400m tracks? Why not have a pop-up 300m track in a football stadium?

Pretty much confirming what most of us were saying that a 400m track does not and will never fit into a football stadium but also raises the possibility of hosting future events at BMD.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/oct/04/athletics-seb-coe-indian-premier-league

I suspect Moshiri, BK, Peel and Anderson were all hoping Liverpool would be awarded the Commonwealth games which would have seen the provision of huge public funds towards the stadium costs and surrounding infrastructure as well of the fast tracking of the significant bureaucratic hurdles surrounding building on a world heritage site - The city council and Sport England funded the Ethiad to the tune of £112m when Manchester won the games.
That didn't happen so Mosh now has to attract all of the investment himself. With his connections he has a much better chance of overcoming the funding hurdle that killed every past stadium project but it's still proving challenging I'd imagine. Last March we were told, 'The club are also expected to submit a detailed planning application by the end of the year.'
I think it's pretty clear that's not going to happen but hopefully there will be some tangible progress early next year.
When LCC made the announcement they inferred the stadium being in use at the time of the Commonwealth Games and the temporary running track would be installed in the closed season for the CWG and removed before start of the new season and that the CWG would fund just that piece. No mention of funding the stadium - just the cost of getting a running track in and out.

When LCC made the announcement they inferred the stadium being in use at the time of the Commonwealth Games and the temporary running track would be installed in the closed season for the CWG and removed before start of the new season and that the CWG would fund just that piece. No mention of funding the stadium - just the cost of getting a running track in and out.

The CWG "bid" was a fig leaf to allow LCC to use that SPV thing. IMO.

That said, the silence is deafening.

I'm 99.9 certain that the stadium designs will be unveiled at this exact moment

Brighton 2-0 Everton
Everton 1-2 Lyon
Everton 1-3 Arsenal
Chelsea 3-1 Everton
Koeman Sacked following day
2 hours and 38 minutes later
stadium designs released and all is well in the world.

until it's confirmed it's a 45k stadium with option to expand to 50k only

I'm 99.9 certain that the stadium designs will be unveiled at this exact moment

Brighton 2-0 Everton
Everton 1-2 Lyon
Everton 1-3 Arsenal
Chelsea 3-1 Everton
Koeman Sacked following day
2 hours and 38 minutes later
stadium designs released and all is well in the world.

until it's confirmed it's a 45k stadium with option to expand to 50k only
That's cheered me right up that has mate.

Because it’s not financed that’s holding it up
It’s either planning issues to do with the world heritage site or some other planning issue or it could be a hold up on the design end of things.
...or something else entirely....which is why we need some clarification, as many are beginning to believe this thing now looks dead in the water.

I'm shocked you've got us down to score 3 in all them games.

Talk about optimism......

One was actually a mistake, I've got us down for 2 goals, one for Rooney and the other an o.g

As miserable as it seems it's all probably gonna be how it pans out lol

Onwards and upwards though mate, I'm already looking forward to Brighton tbh as my optimism will be sky high as it will have been a fortnight since our last defeat ;)

...or something else entirely....which is why we need some clarification, as many are beginning to believe this thing now looks dead in the water.
I’d i would saying many think it’s dead in the water is an egsageration Dave.
I know you have a big spoon and like to stir it but the vast majority of people believe it will happen and not because of Everton but because of the bigger prize that our stadium will sit upon like a sparkling diamond

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back