New Everton Stadium

....it's not a funding plan that's stopped the project then...so what has? Genuine question, one made on behalf of others not just me. It's obvious there's an element of concern and nervousness over the delay in presenting any more information for this stadium scheme. I was told its "imminent" by another poster on here, if that's the case then that sorts out any any concerns. Until then though...

In fact, the real truth is that, nothing has put a stop to the project. It is continuing in earnest.

In the lead up to a planning application submission and completion of stage 3, there is an absolute shed load of work to do. The people involved will be far too busy to be releasing tidbits to keep Everton fans informed.

At that stage they know detailed information about usages, structural demand, costs. All the progress over the past 3 months or whatever will be fairly boring stuff that the general public couldn't give a toss about. Unless you want a press release on heat gains, cooling loads and the U-value of a specific facade system. Maybe the affect of specific materials on sonic performance really floats your boat.
How can they do any of that detailed work when they don't even have any feedback on what size capacity and what design it'll be...all of which was to be based on the "consultation stage" we were informed would be put in motion but doesnt seem to have been carried out....unless you or others have been contacted by the club like?

It feels like something has slowed down or stopped this scheme, possibly for the time being. It's the only explanation. I'd like to know what that 'something' is, tbh.

I think the past has made you needy for want of a better word. I understand where you are coming from, we have all been burnt before. We however didn't have a pot to pee in previously, therefore we were at the mercy of others to whether these projects succeeded or not. As @roydo keeps saying, there is far too much money potential for it not to happen. Farhad could just get the stadium built and sell us to double his money should he so wish.

They said planning application by the end of the year, so that is the only gauge we have whether it is on track. There is probably a lot of meaningless to and throwing regarding how many toilets or the material of the roof, all that stuff could take months but of little value to be put out in the public domain but could alter how the final stadium looks. I doubt there are any hold ups just a linear progression that might not be as quick as we want.

How can they do any of that detailed work when they don't even have any feedback on what size capacity and what design it'll be...all of which was to be based in the "consultation stage" we were informed would be put in motion but dies t seem to have been carried out....unless you or others have been contacted by the club like?

I have filled out a questionnaire, yes, as have many other STH.

You assume however that any fan consultation will affect stadium form. I would expect any further widespread fan consultation to be based on items that are less formative to the base design, more over fit-out, fan facing items, Maybe the fan walk etc. I dunno....

You assume however that any fan consultation will affect stadium form. I would expect any further widespread fan consultation to be based on items that are less formative to the base design, more over fit-out, fan facing items, Maybe the fan walk etc. I dunno....
I don't know what the questions you were asked were about but I'd be staggered if they didn't include questions about capacity and what the interior and exterior should look like. And if they have how can the responses not affect stadium form? What would be the point of asking for responses along those lines?

I can only think I've misunderstood your reply.

I don't know what the questions you were asked were about but I'd be staggered if they didn't include questions about capacity and what the interior and exterior should look like. And if they have how can the responses not affect stadium form? What would be the point of asking for responses along those lines?

I dont remember anything about capacity, but I could be wrong. There were questions along the lines of, what's your favourite thing about Goodison. What is your favourite away ground etc.

The capacity of the stadium is driven by much more than what the fans want, it's cost, it's spacial planning, feasability. The exterior is driven mainly by th architect's vision, the surrounding environment. Much of the interior and roof shape is driven by a huge range of things, including, but clearly not exclusive too, the atmosphere you want to create. Basically the form will be decided now, until December, they'll be making that work financially, environmentally, the services, and transport information.

I think that if a questionnaire went out now, talking about capacities, I think that most would agree on a number as being sensible, I would also expect that number to be around 60k. We just have to trust the Architect and the teams working on it. I know you have your misgivings over certain aspects, and many of them I can understand, certainly with past failures of the club. With the likes of KD and DK We saw the early renders, but the truth is they weren't even 10% down the line of what this stadium is. We are likely past the stage where the RS were with Stanley park.

At that stage they know detailed information about usages, structural demand, costs. All the progress over the past 3 months or whatever will be fairly boring stuff that the general public couldn't give a toss about. Unless you want a press release on heat gains, cooling loads and the U-value of a specific facade system. Maybe the affect of specific materials on sonic performance really floats your boat.

Boring??? Have you seen Koeman's football?

In fact, you've given me an idea. Next game I'm just going to stare at the paintwork, look for any signs of cathodic dispondment.

Evertons PR has always been p1ss poor. It did improve tremendously when Alan Myers came back. Somebody at Everton soon put a stop to that though. I get the impression that Castleford Bob & his minions despise the Everton fan base. We have have had next to no information from club on stadium plans from the get go.
The club is still being run like a lower ranking Rugby League team off the pitch.

The stadium was basics were designed before the fan consultation. They then pick out the answers that matches their basic design to back them up. There may be the odd minor detail that comes up that would be easy to fit but the main things were sorted before the consultation.

I dont remember anything about capacity, but I could be wrong. There were questions along the lines of, what's your favourite thing about Goodison. What is your favourite away ground etc.

The capacity of the stadium is driven by much more than what the fans want, it's cost, it's spacial planning, feasability. The exterior is driven mainly by th architect's vision, the surrounding environment. Much of the interior and roof shape is driven by a huge range of things, including, but clearly not exclusive too, the atmosphere you want to create. Basically the form will be decided now, until December, they'll be making that work financially, environmentally, the services, and transport information.

What a pointless exercise that was then: asking fans about abstract stuff like atmosphere, what away grounds they like, do they support the use of walkways etc. What sort of input can that 'consultation' bring about? Nothing instructive on the major decisions to be made, that's for sure. A box ticking exercise. In which case, there really is even less reason for these people to delay releasing some vision they have for a stadium well before now, because if they're unencumbered by fan ideas concerning a vision for the stadium then their presentation of some sort of image for this dockland stadium should have been with us by now. What are they waiting for in that respect? I see no reason to delay.
I think that if a questionnaire went out now, talking about capacities, I think that most would agree on a number as being sensible, I would also expect that number to be around 60k. We just have to trust the Architect and the teams working on it. I know you have your misgivings over certain aspects, and many of them I can understand, certainly with past failures of the club. With the likes of KD and DK We saw the early renders, but the truth is they weren't even 10% down the line of what this stadium is. We are likely past the stage where the RS were with Stanley park.

The KD scheme in the first 12 months carried out fan consultation and secured a majority vote, achieved preferred bidder status for the site, got the OK from the relevant authorities such as LiverpoolVision and English Partnerships to build, obtained verification of the bid from the Dept of Transport, Land Generation and Regions, set up the KD Waterfront Development Co. to see the scheme to competition, appointed a construction company to build the stadium and develop the site. We appear to still be at the stage of consultation data sifting. Some might say that's getting on for being tardy...to put it mildly.

Evertons PR has always been p1ss poor. It did improve tremendously when Alan Myers came back. Somebody at Everton soon put a stop to that though. I get the impression that Castleford Bob & his minions despise the Everton fan base. We have have had next to no information from club on stadium plans from the get go.
The club is still being run like a lower ranking Rugby League team off the pitch.

What information would you expect?

With all the talk of what has been happening at Arsenal maybe we are waiting for Usmanov to find a buyer for his shares and join us up here.

I would imagine if Usmanov is involved then all of what has happened wrt BMD will have been done in consultation or under his direction. Billionaires tend to have long term visions and the shenanigans at Arse recently wouldn't matter either way.

To be perfectly honest I'm glad we haven't gone down a ridiculous fan micro-managed route. The architect and club know the footprint and the desired capacity and will have been working on it. Open everything up to Evertonians and you'd have a majority asking for blue 'towers' (the badge has never been a tower) in each corner and the place would end up looking like some twisted Toffeeland theme park. Let the professionals do their thing, let Evertonians dictate the feel and evocative nature of the place as many on here have said.

Things were better under AM but he felt to me more of a fan laision officer or additional social media outlet. I think that fan engagement was great but what was wrong was that it didn't form part of a wider, more professional, PR structure and that is something we are still lacking today. The ludicrous Jim White tie-in, especially with that radio station, are embarrassing at best. Huge improvements needed in that dept.

I'd be surprised if they asked direct questions about capacity. I obviously don't know what Jacko has filled out, but when we had surveys from Spurs the questions seemed designed to inform a decision on capacity, but nothing about capacity was ever asked...

e.g. how often do you come to matches, how much more often would you come if a/b/c
how much would you spend on a seat in x/y/z area of the stadum
would you be interested in x/y/z in the stadium

The club obviously then collated the answers and came to a decision about what capacity was needed, ratio of GA to corporate, basic pricing models etc. Not sure you'd get a good decision if you just asked every fan what they think the capacity should be.

I don't think we were ever asked much about how things should look either, but after feedback years ago the single-tier home end was added.

Moshiri might work in a different way to Spurs/Levy, but that's the kind of feedback we were asked for fwiw.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back