New Everton Stadium

^^ Yeah, it looks stupid from the aerial renders. Ground level looks much better, definitely unique and pretty amazing architecturally, not sure I like it completely though. It's a bit....dour (pic below).

Anyway, posted that article for context really. Chelsea have got on board starchitects H&dM whose designs will always cost a bomb (and the club are apparently looking to buy a brickworks to guarantee the supply of bricks needed for the exterior :Blink:). We've gone somewhere down the middle with Populous (high quality but nothing that's going to shatter the mould), whilst in Meis you've got someone who insists modern stadiums cost too much and are too bloated so would maybe expect something lightweight, minimalist but still high quality when the designs are shown. But that's what he's up against.

Three new c60k stadiums, three different approaches (four if you throw in West Ham's athletics jobby). I hope Chelsea's costs don't spiral anymore though, that'd be a real shame. :coffee:

Herzog-Meuron-Chelsea-Stadium.jpg

I think it looks brilliant. There's not many stadiums that are recognisable and distinct from the outside without any branding. This will join the San Siro, Luzhniki, Allianz etc in that regard.

We should attract investment if we have that type of ambition. If the club has to get into half a billion debt there should be a rethink and a Goodison refurbishemnt.
We can’t miss an opportunity like this.

Speculate to accumulate.

A Goodison refurbishment should and could not happen.

Being in the city centre will allow us to attract more people to the stadium and more people who are likely to spend money.

we still thinking we are getting a stadium anytime soon then??

with Chelsea announcing their Billion quid designs do you really think we are going to announce our 300m flat pack design anywhere near that!

You do have to factor in area to cost, both London and Madrid are different to Liverpool.

Chelsea in particular is central London. Contractors will be paying at least 20 quid a day for parking to start with. Believe me when I say as well, most guys/contractors won't be getting out of bed for 300 quid a day, maybe even 500 a day, given it will take two hours each way to likely get in and out.

We will have costs but they won't spiral to the same degree, or shouldn't.

And the rest mate. Different industry perhaps but absolute standard Business Analyst contracts are £400+ a day (senior BA is £800+), a decent PM with PRINCE2 Practitioner and 3 years experience alone in central london would do £400+ and a senior PM double it (minimum). An outsourced Exec Assistant will get £200 a day.

£500 a day people will be absolutely mid-tier for something like this.

We can’t miss an opportunity like this.

Speculate to accumulate.

A Goodison refurbishment should and could not happen.

Being in the city centre will allow us to attract more people to the stadium and more people who are likely to spend money.
Probably a half billion pound bill goes with this stadium if it ever gets built. An awful lot of money will need to be spent in it before the manager of the club ever gets the benefit of any cash.

Probably a half billion pound bill goes with this stadium if it ever gets built. An awful lot of money will need to be spent in it before the manager of the club ever gets the benefit of any cash.

the absolute silence on this is really really deafening ...

did we even exchange contracts on the land like some were perporting the other week?

nothing 'official' has been announced I don't think

And the rest mate. Different industry perhaps but absolute standard Business Analyst contracts are £400+ a day (senior BA is £800+), a decent PM with PRINCE2 Practitioner and 3 years experience alone in central london would do £400+ and a senior PM double it (minimum). An outsourced Exec Assistant will get £200 a day.

£500 a day people will be absolutely mid-tier for something like this.

I suppose I meant the semi skilled lads. They may, as you say be on more though, and it's likely to increase with labour shortages post Brexit.

We will not be immune to this but it shouldn't be as severe as a club in central London.

Doesn’t matter. A new stadium is vital for our club to progress - that is clear.

This location is the best one we could ever hope for now. If we miss this, we might as well give up on ever thinking we can be more than a mid-reaching club.

Doesn’t matter. A new stadium is vital for our club to progress - that is clear.

This location is the best one we could ever hope for now. If we miss this, we might as well give up on ever thinking we can be more than a mid-reaching club.

Only way a stadium down there would help is if it was built and looked iconic and we were doing ok in the PL and a massive investor came in for the club to take care of the debts...as per the City takeover.

Anything less than that and this club will find it very hard to operate with that debt to pay off.

Only way a stadium down there would help is if it was built and looked iconic and we were doing ok in the PL and a massive investor came in for the club to take care of the debts...as per the City takeover.

Anything less than that and this club will find it very hard to operate with that debt to pay off.
£14m p/a isn’t a lot of money. We’re about to spend the best part of £70m in the last 18 months alone on our managerial merry-go-round!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back