New Everton Stadium

On that point the side along the river doesn't look to be maximising the potential. Surely it'll have corporate facilities the whole length of the river side?

Agreed, which gives me hope these are just mock ups of what something could look like but not the final designs.

From the cross section diagram you can see that the actual space for the interior rooms only go as high as the first tier, this would save a lot of dosh but like you say miss out on the views over the river. Seems wasteful to me and also makes it fairly cheap looking when you can see a lot of the seating terraces (in this case the whole upper tier) from the outside.

...at least nobody is mentioning a running track any more.

Speaking of which....

This looks good and is brilliant for multi use footy/athletics but I'm glad we'll have nothing like it.

2109_wanda_metropolitano_stadium.JPG

Too much of a coincidence? Seem to recall some better informed posters saying this is similar to renders they had seen.....

IMG_6034.png

That stand is complete rubbish. What purpose does a non overlapping double tier have?

It better not be ours. I dismissed that image at first thinking no way we'd be stupid enough to have it. The fact that no one else is noticing how crap it is disturbs me. They'd kick off over some rubbish minor detail and miss out the obvious staring at them.

Just imagine... a stadium shaped present all wrapped up appears on the official site on Christmas eve with a countdown to midnight, and the link comes up as inactive until Santa has been.

All Evertonians click on the link at a few seconds into Christmas, and lo and behold, the present unwraps itself and it's a new sunbed for Suntan Bob.

Everton that. Bah humbug.

Just imagine... a stadium shaped present all wrapped up appears on the official site on Christmas eve with a countdown to midnight, and the link comes up as inactive until Santa has been.

All Evertonians click on the link at a few seconds into Christmas, and lo and behold, the present unwraps itself and it's a new sunbed for Suntan Bob.

Everton that. Bah humbug.

Or its Jelavic sitting inside, remember that advert

Still brings a tear that

Does look the same and if it is what the final design looks like I am going to throw my toys out of the pram. Usually i understand that one persons tat is anothers treasure, but that is what I would expect a bunch of schoolchildren to come up with. I would go as far to say even the Tesco value stadium we could have ended up with looked more interesting than that. Look at the stadium in Bilbao Meis and see what a riverside stadium should look llike, then look back at what you have drawn, pick it up, roll it into a ball and throw it into the bin and start again.

Fingers crossed this is to knock us off the scent of something decent and if so I apologise to him.

Unfortunately you're going to be disappointed.

I wont be though. Wait to see/hear the details, you'll come round to it.

Unfortunately you're going to be disappointed.

I wont be though. Wait to see/hear the details, you'll come round to it.

So that is the stadium then? If so what else do you know? Doesn't look like it's grown out of the Docks, as @danmeis described it. That glass Everton end looks like it's not finished.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back