New Everton Stadium

Heres an interesting question:

If you had to chose between a stadium that looks fantastic from the outside, but is lacking on acoustics and atmosphere inside, would you prefer that to one that didnt look that good, but had amazing acoustics and atmosphere? What if a designer had to chose form vs function, appeal to the world(effecting team image) vs appeal to those who sit in it, what would you chose?

If you had to chose between a stadium that looks fantastic from the outside, but is lacking on acoustics and atmosphere inside, would you prefer that to one that didnt look that good, but had amazing acoustics and atmosphere? What if a designer had to chose form vs function, appeal to the world(effecting team image) vs appeal to those who sit in it, what would you chose?

It's the supporters that make the atmosphere not the stadium design.

Is that not kings dock

Kings dock.

kings-dock.jpg

The interior is more important but there should be no reason why you can't make something look decent from the outside if you have a blank page and are not restricted by the footprint and other buildings etc.

I'm not really that interested in the outside. The design is a big part of the atmosphere.

Looks fine from the outside to me, a bit like a futuristic stadium drawn in the 1970s!
We're spending peanuts compared to other high profile builds so, that being considered, it's not bad.
I also doubt, given the old 'Everton' font in the huge window, that it's the final design, more a work in progress where they use holder graphics.
It could be spectacular inside. That window is straight west facing. I would imagine it will be above a shallow away end and opposite a steep high home end. So if you're in the new Gwladys st. you're looking out over the mersey with the sun setting before the lights go on. Could be spectacular if done right.

Thinking about Kings dock, it looks cool from the outside but I'd imagine it would have been a pretty sterile carbon copy of Sunderlands stadium inside. As an Evertonian who loves Goodison, it's definitely the appearance inside that will decide whether it's a success or not.

There's three basic types of stands, single tier, overlapping tiers, and non overlapping tiers. All stands you see are either those or mixes of those. The non overlapping tier is the most pointless out of all of them. No fans are closer to any action, and there's a pointless division of fans. It is the very first thing you should look out for on a stadium.

They should be closer due to the fact the rake of the stand will be different. If you add the number of rows that the 2nd tier has on to the lower at the same trajectory it should show you how far away from the pitch you would be without the second tier. A lot of people don't like a huge overhang as when you are at the back you can't see the whole stadium and you lose sight of the ball when it goes up in the air. Granted it could overhang more than it does on that plan though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back