New Everton Stadium

It's not a case of moaning, it's a case of wanting the best, and not just be happy with whatever we get.

At the end of the day, until we see some plans, then there is nothing to moan about at this moment in time.

Agreed, but it was moaning.
Evertonians are the best at it......why, people have dillusions of grandeur.
We are what we are.....mid to top table plop...
Enjoy what we get, it just might be good

But the height gives you a better view so you can see the pitch better. I know what you are saying but the extra distance makes a difference when trying to look at the other end of the pitch. I've knocked up a simple diagram to show what I mean, rows 17 to 20 below are further back on the lower tier than 20 in the upper tier even if the total distance may be more due to the height:

View attachment 42997

You've done it wrong. You've tipped the upper tier, or reduced the seat treads in the upper tier. To make the comparison correct row 20 should be of equal distance on the bottom axis.

You've done it wrong. You've tipped the upper tier, or reduced the seat treads in the upper tier. To make the comparison correct row 20 should be of equal distance on the bottom axis.

I have not* the upper tier is actually a longer line than the lower tier. (rows 10-20 only)

*granted it's not an exact science with tools at my disposal, the one big lower tier has gaps around 4.2mm, the top tier it was 4mm so perhaps it could be a little longer again but it probably still wouldn't reach row 18 below.

The steeper angle of the second tier will shorten the total width of the stand than if it was a single tier with the same number of rows. It is cheaper to build single tier stands so everyone would just build that type with the total number of rows that would be in 2/3 tiers if it brought people closer. (Of course that is also down to if the footprint allowed the space to build it like that too)

Do people actually think them designs, behind Bobby the conker, are our new stadium?
Genuine question like.

I don't think there's any doubt the document they are from is genuine. The question is whether the image is an illustrative render (or early design) just for that document or whether it's the actual design. I'm not sure the same image on one slide in a presentation on fan culture and stadium management tells us either way.

I am trusting the club that they will come up with an internal design that maximises the noise Goodison can create for a big game, but also considers the fans wishes in the survey they conducted. With regards design, I think the drawing that we have seen is probably not far from the final design but there may be some surprises, hopefully including the capacity and plans for the area on non-match days. If you look at the rendering next to Robert Elstone, you can see the wind turbines that already are in situ at the dock. Looks like some red brick forming part of the exterior stadium, possibly reflecting the brick work in the Tobacco warehouse, Titanic, other warehouses etc.

It seems odd to me though, that with all this being so secretive, Robert Elstone would be showing off renderings in other continents that are current. Likely earlier drawings and maybe a starting point for the final design.

In all honesty though all I care about is it being at the dock in a prime location. An iconic stadium that is the envy of other clubs would be marvellous, but considering we almost ended up in Kirkby even transporting Goodison to BMD would do me. We have to be part of that waterfront or we will never make up the ground we have lost over the last 25 years. Build the stadium and maybe somebody richer than Moshiri will arrive that can make us truly a force on the field of play. It happened to the Citizens, it could happen to the Toffees.

My biggest fear is that "...we couldn't get it over the line..." or "...finances transpired against us particularly with Brexit that meant the stadium was no longer deliverable..." If that were to happen I cannot see Everton solving this stadium problem, ever.

Things have obviously slipped on the timeline but the complexity cannot be underestimated. I have a feeling we are almost there, but won't be truly happy until there are diggers digging, cranes lifting and foundation stones being laid.

I have not* the upper tier is actually a longer line than the lower tier. (rows 10-20 only)

*granted it's not an exact science with tools at my disposal, the one big lower tier has gaps around 4.2mm, the top tier it was 4mm so perhaps it could be a little longer again but it probably still wouldn't reach row 18 below.

The steeper angle of the second tier will shorten the total width of the stand than if it was a single tier with the same number of rows. It is cheaper to build single tier stands so everyone would just build that type with the total number of rows that would be in 2/3 tiers if it brought people closer. (Of course that is also down to if the footprint allowed the space to build it like that too)

Seriously you have either tipped it so that fans would effectively slide off their seat, or you have reduced the legroom.

You need to do it with a constant legroom, e.g., Park End's 700mm per row. Perhaps scaled down to 7mm per row. 20 rows x 7mm is 140mm, no matter how many tiers there are.

The difference will the riser heights, the height of each row, so your side axis goes up.

It just looks like Neville Southall arguing with himself!

I think it is this agonising information gap that we have had following the announcement of the SPV, the fan survey and launch of the Meis BMD web page that has created doubt. A year ago I was worried we might do it on the cheap at Stonebridge Cross, accepting mediocrity for eternity. Now I am worried there are other hurdles causing issues. The Everton disappointment radar is always on alert, but the collapse of this stadium opportunity may well leave the club doomed as an also ran for decades. I'm 46 and have seen us win 2 league titles, 2 FA cups and a European trophy. Trouble is I didn't really appreciate it as a teenager at the time as it was Everton and we were fearsome. We'd always be like that right!?! Wrong. I hope to see more but know I won't unless things change significantly in the next 5 or 6 years.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back