New Everton Stadium

Can I ask what makes you confident mate? Not knocking you either Jacko as you were spot on regarding all the stonebridge talk.

I'm leaning towards what the echo have said and that they are old designs but not the current one that will ( hopefully ) see in the new year

That design on the render was done months ago. Now, there may be changes to parts if it when they release the full set, but the form will remain the same. The roof shape, profile, it will all remain. I know that the images you can see on the screen behind Elstone are from the working model created to form part of the planning application.

That design on the render was done months ago. Now, there may be changes to parts if it when they release the full set, but the form will remain the same. The roof shape, profile, it will all remain. I know that the images you can see on the screen behind Elstone are from the working model created to form part of the planning application.
You got any other pics of that mate? And what is the capacity going to be?

Thinking about the motives Moshiri has behind investing in Everton in that if we build a stadium he'll be able to sell us for whatever amount. Why go through all the effort of acoustics and being close to the pitch etc? Surely if he was just wanting a new stadium for value a run of the mill design would do? Instead we have Meis and the detail his work comes with. I'm excited, just hope we aren't let down, such a long way to go.

Thinking about the motives Moshiri has behind investing in Everton in that if we build a stadium he'll be able to sell us for whatever amount. Why go through all the effort of acoustics and being close to the pitch etc? Surely if he was just wanting a new stadium for value a run of the mill design would do? Instead we have Meis and the detail his work comes with. I'm excited, just hope we aren't let down, such a long way to go.
the likes of him have so much money they realise at a certain point in their life that they want to leave a legacy and be remembered in 50 years time
the stadium will be his, hopefully

That render makes the hole punch look good. No wonder Dan Meis hasn't updated his BMD blog. Totally underwhelmed after all this waiting.

Last edited:

the likes of him have so much money they realise at a certain point in their life that they want to leave a legacy and be remembered in 50 years time
the stadium will be his, hopefully

He wants to make even more money than he already has. He has no previous connection to us, I doubt he wants to leave a legacy.

I am trusting the club that they will come up with an internal design that maximises the noise Goodison can create for a big game, but also considers the fans wishes in the survey they conducted. With regards design, I think the drawing that we have seen is probably not far from the final design but there may be some surprises, hopefully including the capacity and plans for the area on non-match days. If you look at the rendering next to Robert Elstone, you can see the wind turbines that already are in situ at the dock. Looks like some red brick forming part of the exterior stadium, possibly reflecting the brick work in the Tobacco warehouse, Titanic, other warehouses etc.

It seems odd to me though, that with all this being so secretive, Robert Elstone would be showing off renderings in other continents that are current. Likely earlier drawings and maybe a starting point for the final design.

In all honesty though all I care about is it being at the dock in a prime location. An iconic stadium that is the envy of other clubs would be marvellous, but considering we almost ended up in Kirkby even transporting Goodison to BMD would do me. We have to be part of that waterfront or we will never make up the ground we have lost over the last 25 years. Build the stadium and maybe somebody richer than Moshiri will arrive that can make us truly a force on the field of play. It happened to the Citizens, it could happen to the Toffees.

My biggest fear is that "...we couldn't get it over the line..." or "...finances transpired against us particularly with Brexit that meant the stadium was no longer deliverable..." If that were to happen I cannot see Everton solving this stadium problem, ever.

Things have obviously slipped on the timeline but the complexity cannot be underestimated. I have a feeling we are almost there, but won't be truly happy until there are diggers digging, cranes lifting and foundation stones being laid.

My thoughts exactly. I'm optimistic we will see an impressive design when they come out but I have to admit I think that one behind Elstone doesn't look great with the 'Everton' on the stand. Looks like a 1 minute rushed job so a bit surprised they're official.

I have the same feeling regarding the investment too. After the early relegation fears we've had this season (regardless of whether they were misplaced, I still had them and didn't expect to), I am actually a bit less bothered about how we do on the pitch in the next few seasons than I usually would. Obviously I hope we do well, but if we stay in the top 10 but the stadium gets built, I think once we move in to a 60,000 Stadium on the Waterfront we will be a completely new proposition in English Football. And with that move, new investment may come. I could actually see that being the thing that sways Usmanov to come as Moshiri will have proven that we are a club that can be taken forward.

An iconic Stadium on the Waterfront with a 60K Capacity takes our potential and image from being an also ran type former big club in a 40K Capacity old Stadium like an Aston Villa or a Leeds to being on a par with the Arsenals and Tottenham's of the League which is where we need to be.

For me, this Stadium being delivered is vital if we ever want to even have the chance to be a force in English Football again.

I thought it was ment to look like the Lucas oil stadium?

I don't think it was ever going to lean too much to an existing design, Meis would want something identified as his.

There's only a few with any known details on this thread, most of us are purely guessing but what is consistent is the desire for stands that are seperate in identity and that's been verified by @Jacko93 .

Going into mad guess mode, presuming the render of the stadium is north to south, the big window may allow views to town similar to the Lucas Oil stadium with the stand under the window smaller than others (maybe like the Aviva and/or allowing for expansion maybe?). Take the genral feel of that stadium and make the side stands fit for footy (closer to the pitch, steeper, less corporate break-up), the huge single tier home end in the north and that'll do me.

Lucas-Oil-Stadium-Section-427-Row-8-on-10-25-2015k.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back