New Everton Stadium

The interior of the Lucas Oil Stadium does look terrific and the giant window feature is smart....

I'm just not keen on that exterior though.... I've tried but I can't force myself to find it appealing.

I'm hoping for something a bit more..... futuristic....?

The Mercedes Stadium in Atlanta is truly something else. Unique and bold. Looks like a space-ship cathedral. Wrong colour scheme mind....View attachment 43011 View attachment 43012 View attachment 43013

I wouldn't be complaining about that if it was built but I think that cost over a billion dollars. Everton unfortunately are not in a position to build that unless Mr Usmanov suddenly appears.

Could be wrong here but, given the render and the site orientation, would the window not be facing straight west across the river?
Not based on the engineering plans (if they are correct). It does face the dock behind the poo plant and will be ‘facing’ downriver.

If the window was facing west I’d imagine the evening sun would be a big problem with blinding the players and the crowd. All new stadia do tests on sun positioning to try to avoid that.

People going on about the cost of the build etc, I'm guessing we will be getting the steel from USM, also guessing mosh knitted a few people in the construction trade. I think I read somewhere that they won the contract to supply the steel for the stadiums in Russia.

Not based on the engineering plans (if they are correct). It does face the dock behind the poo plant and will be ‘facing’ downriver.

If the window was facing west I’d imagine the evening sun would be a big problem with blinding the players and the crowd. All new stadia do tests on sun positioning to try to avoid that.
Have the engineering plans been posted somewhere? haven't read all the pages.
If you face the window north and avoid the view of the poo plant, it would mean building the stadium on the western half of the site, leaving the eastern half empty, it would also be a pretty tight fit, possibly needing some of Nelson dock.

Assuming that the park end is the glass end, the second version here just seems to make more sense to me.

Attachments

• bmd.webp
    bmd.webp
    96.4 KB · Views: 205

Based on that and the plans I see that end pointing towards the liver building and the water in front of that stand is nelson dock. The glass section isn't a huge opening as per the lucas oil stadium, the stand rises behind it almost to the top of the lower case wording, so it's not like the sun should be a big issue. Plus you have to think fourth dimensionally, when the rest of the liverpool waters development is built there may not be a direct gap for it to shine through anyhow.

I seriously doubt we would put the glass window in front of the sewage plant, but then again it is Everton's management team we are talking about here...

Yeah, if the plot allows surely they'd have a traditional north-south orientation. That would also allow a longer (main?) stand to be riverside with all the possibilities that brings.

That's what those plans indicated, like you say it is good to have the whole length alongside but to me it is too much of a tight squeze. We are basically boxing in the two ends leaving very limited choices for expansion or whatever in the future. We may be able to buy part of the nelson dock at somepoint but that isn't for certain as Peel could immediately find backing to build something close to the stadium.

If only we had the experience of being jammed in before, that way I'm sure the club would have learnt from it's mistakes... :oops:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back