New Everton Stadium

D0Nmz0R.jpg
huh ok, well, I just hope the glass section is facing south!

There are so many breadcrumbs as to the rough design & orientation & Lucas Oil Stadium is still being wanted. Dan Meis has no chance at all.
We wanted the location & got it. We wanted steep, intimidating stands & they are acknowledging that & striving for it. We wanted a larger capacity & that seems to be happening (anything 57k up will keep the masses happy). We wanted no running track & that now seems to be a distant memory too. Can we at least look at the damn thing when it's released before deciding that you already don't like it.
This whole stadium situation could be a hell of a lot worse.

There are so many breadcrumbs as to the rough design & orientation & Lucas Oil Stadium is still being wanted. Dan Meis has no chance at all.
We wanted the location & got it. We wanted steep, intimidating stands & they are acknowledging that & striving for it. We wanted a larger capacity & that seems to be happening (anything 57k up will keep the masses happy). We wanted no running track & that now seems to be a distant memory too. Can we at least look at the damn thing when it's released before deciding that you already don't like it.

Agree with this. The running track and the location were my bid concerns. Starting from a blank sheet of paper I am confident they will deliver a great stadium now. It won’t have all the bells and whistles of the new Spurs stadium but I am sure it will tick all the boxes for your average fan

I think everyone is delighted with the idea, the rest is just discussion based on the dribs and drabs that are being leaked.

To be fair I think most (if not all) people are happy with the location and if it's 60k then of course that is a bonus too. Whatever we get will be 10 x better than Goodison, but that does not prevent a debate to why the exterior (if it is a true representation of the finished stadium) looks so bland and fairly cheap. El generic stadium with a big glass section saying Everton, look at the Stadium he did for Roma, at least that is interesting. It may turn out it looks better than what we can see but at the moment that's all we have to go on.

Just feel a bit let down by what could have been done with a blank page and an architect that said he was going to give us something unique. I'm sure I will get over it due to all the other factors but this is what a forum is for, exchanging view points.

But the height gives you a better view so you can see the pitch better. I know what you are saying but the extra distance makes a difference when trying to look at the other end of the pitch. I've knocked up a simple diagram to show what I mean, rows 17 to 20 below are further back on the lower tier than 20 in the upper tier even if the total distance may be more due to the height:

View attachment 42997
A for effort, F for execution. I think you will find that the back of your upper tier is row 17 and if you had a row 20 it will be out the stadium above the roof.

A for effort, F for execution. I think you will find that the back of your upper tier is row 17 and if you had a row 20 it will be out the stadium above the roof.

I'm interested please go on. I have said before that upper tier line probably should go to around row 18 of the lower tier and is probably steeper than allowed making the gap between one larger tier and a 2 tier stand seem bigger but that was just for enhanced effect. The question was put there was no difference in how far from the pitch (if you traced the position of the row back to the floor) by having a two tier non-overlapping stand and that was the point I was trying to make, the depth stays the same but as the riser gaps go up and the line gets steeper you can fit more seats in the same amount of space than if you just had one big tier. This is why we have stadiums with tiers to bring people closer. (Although the distance is actually probably more as the height increases but the raised viewing position allows for a better view)

Over 10 seats on a less steep tier this may not be a huge amount but then as you add more to make it into a real life example it is easily apparent why they do this.

I worry about the use of the word `Iconic`. Will anything deliverable be able to meet peoples expectations?
Considering Evertonians’ ideas of what the perfect stadium looks like cover every possible type of design, I’d say the answer is an unequivocal ‘no.’

I’m sure most fans will be happy with what they see, but there will be a lot of noise about it from those that are unhappy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back