New Everton Stadium

I was only for the footprint covered by each. 20 rows, 0.76m, for the two stands.

I managed to do that and I owe you and @Big Neville Southall an apology for arguing with you both. The footprint remains the same no matter what the angle, obviously the example I did with actual steps must have been out by small degrees (looks pretty straight to the naked eye) totalling up to a difference at the end. I got my drawing board out and when perfectly aligned it came out as you both said it would. Should have taken my own advice and bought some graph paper first to test it...

Will be interesting to see who gets the naming rights should attract some big names just because off the location

Depends what you mean by “interesting”, if you remember what it was like when angry birds was announced as the sleeve sponsor or sportpesa was announced As the main kit sponsor, I think it will be like that. Either “ oh my god, that’s a joke?!” Or “who?! Never heard of them”

I wouldn’t count on it attracting a “big name”.

I expect it to be USM, the guy who is the major share holder if not owner by the time that this comes around obviously plays a big part over there.
Also the the training ground now has it in the title, can't really think why it wouldn't be.

It won't be Goodison Park under the lights. All that needs saying really. We need to move but won't be the same.
Sadly, I feel that apart from the odd game each season where Goodison rocks, it's slowly losing it's reverence of having a great atmosphere.

On its day it can be a sensational atmosphere (truly hair-raising) but more often than not now it's quite and subdued - almost sterile.

I managed to do that and I owe you and @Big Neville Southall an apology for arguing with you both. The footprint remains the same no matter what the angle, obviously the example I did with actual steps must have been out by small degrees (looks pretty straight to the naked eye) totalling up to a difference at the end. I got my drawing board out and when perfectly aligned it came out as you both said it would. Should have taken my own advice and bought some graph paper first to test it...

You're welcome!

It is an illusion that steep stands are closer, I think fans pivot a stand in their mind when they think steeper but that makes a slope.

It's a common misconception and we have a large number of fans asking for steep stands as close to the pitch as possible which is a bit of a contradiction. (Steep stands also mean fans are more likely to sit which is worse for creating an atmosphere but that's a tangent for now).

However if a stand has overlapping tiers then that will be closer and will also be steeper anyway for sightlines.

Another way to make a steeper stand closer would be to make the seat depths tighter, so less legroom.

Weirdly, it's not intuitive is it?! This discussion was also had on another forum and went on for far too long until someone (not me) finally built it out of Lego to prove the point....Steepness doesn't change distance to the pitch...

SHALLOW RAKE
lego1-rsz.jpg

STEEP RAKE
lego2-rsz.jpg

Weirdly, it's not intuitive is it?! This discussion was also had on another forum and went on for far too long until someone (not me) finally built it out of Lego to prove the point....Steepness doesn't change distance to the pitch...

SHALLOW RAKE
lego1-rsz.jpg

STEEP RAKE
lego2-rsz.jpg

I wonder why the fella on the 2nd row felt the need to wear a bike helmet at the match?

Yeah right and calling Goodison an awful stadium makes you a top blue!!!! If you don't like it why go -i'm assuming you do actually go- ?
Yeah, I do go, I’ve been a season ticket holder for 20 years. As I’ve already said, for anyone under 30 it has been nothing but disappointment. It is an awful stadium, anyone denying that hasn’t been to many away Premier League stadiums, clearly. You’re the one who chose to take issue with my comment.

If your son likes Goodson, then that is entirely his prerogative.

Yeah, I do go, I’ve been a season ticket holder for 20 years. As I’ve already said, for anyone under 30 it has been nothing but disappointment. It is an awful stadium, anyone denying that hasn’t been to many away Premier League stadiums, clearly. You’re the one who chose to take issue with my comment.

If your son likes Goodson, then that is entirely his prerogative.
I only commented as you said ANYONE, so what gives you the platform to become the spokesman for anyone under the age of 30 ?
I was merely correcting you on your false assumption.
Merry Christmas x

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back