New Everton Stadium

Weirdly, it's not intuitive is it?! This discussion was also had on another forum and went on for far too long until someone (not me) finally built it out of Lego to prove the point....Steepness doesn't change distance to the pitch...

SHALLOW RAKE
lego1-rsz.jpg

STEEP RAKE
lego2-rsz.jpg

The guy in row b must think he is watching from the lower bullens.

Weirdly, it's not intuitive is it?! This discussion was also had on another forum and went on for far too long until someone (not me) finally built it out of Lego to prove the point....Steepness doesn't change distance to the pitch...

SHALLOW RAKE
lego1-rsz.jpg

STEEP RAKE
lego2-rsz.jpg

I'm gonna say right now I haven't read the preceeding discussion, but it very much looks like that although the steepness doesn't affect the distance from the pitch horizontally, it does affect the distance vertically so the overall distance from the pitch does increase.

SHALLOW RAKE
lego1-rsz.jpg

STEEP RAKE
lego2-rsz.jpg

Errrrm I hope your new grounds architect has a better grasp of trigonometry than the person who solved the argument by proving what you stated mate, because he is completely and utterly wrong.

Only way it doesn't effect it would be if the seat depth altered at the lower rake proportionally to the higher rakes elevation increase.

Yeah, I do go, I’ve been a season ticket holder for 20 years. As I’ve already said, for anyone under 30 it has been nothing but disappointment. It is an awful stadium, anyone denying that hasn’t been to many away Premier League stadiums, clearly. You’re the one who chose to take issue with my comment.

If your son likes Goodson, then that is entirely his prerogative.

Goodison is like the old boozer you keep going back too again and again even though it's run-down now and still has the same décor and furniture as the first time you went in 30 years ago. thing is when those boozers get redone they never feel the same, as they never do when they reopen on new premises.

Sometimes looking nice and shiny doesn't matter if you lose the soul and history/character of a place mate.

Goodison is like the old boozer you keep going back too again and again even though it's run-down now and still has the same décor and furniture as the first time you went in 30 years ago. thing is when those boozers get redone they never feel the same, as they never do when they reopen on new premises.

Sometimes looking nice and shiny doesn't matter if you lose the soul and history/character of a place mate.
You essentially want to new stadium to come with 20 years of puke stains & spilt pints. When they do the safety tests we could just turn it into an almighty mad one !!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back