New Everton Stadium

There’s absolutely no reason that concept images / renders shouldn’t be released to the public. It happens for every other proposed stadium. Makes me question whether they don’t just want to have official images to associate with yet another failed stadium proposal.

There’s absolutely no reason that concept images / renders shouldn’t be released to the public. It happens for every other proposed stadium. Makes me question whether they don’t just want to have official images to associate with yet another failed stadium proposal.

Well there is depending on how far down the way they are.

Releasing images that don’t match the final stadium to Everton fans would be madness.

They're using rising costs and planning application difficulties ahead and the complex arrangement to partner with LCC as get out clauses for this.

This project is over. Forget about it.

Should have gone with the Crocky site or had the wit to redevelop GP.

Absolute amateur night again.

Our new home will kick-start the regeneration of North Liverpool and we are proud to be the catalyst for significant numbers of new homes, jobs and infrastructure. The prize for the Club and the City is substantial. Bramley Moore Dock will bring £1bn of private sector investment into the City

THAT ^^^^^ is the story. Has been from day one. Way too many ££££ to be made for other USM sized parties for this not to happen.

As others have said, that is a ‘concerning’ update, but surely after all our other failed stadium moves, they simply cannot blow this one, they just can’t come out once again in a year or two and say the move is off the deal has collapsed.

We’ve waited long enough, I’m ok waiting a little longer, but if this was to fail I would expect every person involved (lead by Elstone) to clear their desks out and leave our club.

I didn't get the impression from reading the piece that we are being prepared for disappointment, and I read it practically looking for a let-down.

Either way, I am relaxed about it as endless worry achieves nothing, much like Everton in general.

The next 12 months will tell all - if this does collapse though then this is the absolute end of any hope we had of a resurgence in fortunes, and we officially join the also-rans as paid-up members.

For that reason alone, contemplation of failure is just too grim to accept.

Inflation is hardly a surprise to someone with Moshiri's background, I'm sure there will be lots of problems so nothing new there either.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back