New Everton Stadium

Planning documents can't be submitted until stage 3 is near completion. It is not a finalised design until then anyway, so concept outline will be the description of it until planning is authorised. Also the same for cost estimates. They can't be fully completed until the stage 3 design is done. I very much doubt completion of that stage will be far off now.

Ah well, you guys wanted an update.
But concerning but no need to worry yet, this is the main reason moshiri bought us, for the potential income, so he's going to do his utmost to make sure it doesn't fail.

If I'm being honest, I was kind of expecting a more promising update than this. I am aware that Spur's ground had been effected by rising labour costs / inflation and steel costs, so its not a surprise to see it impacting on Bramley Moore.

However, whilst I can understand the change in circumstances (Everton isn't immune to the current economic uncertainty that impacts on the UK), I have zero confidence in suntan bob or Kenwright etc successfully meeting those challenges.

Our new home will kick-start the regeneration of North Liverpool and we are proud to be the catalyst for significant numbers of new homes, jobs and infrastructure. The prize for the Club and the City is substantial. Bramley Moore Dock will bring £1bn of private sector investment into the City

THAT ^^^^^ is the story. Has been from day one. Way too many ££££ to be made for other USM sized parties for this not to happen.
There is a Manc architect on Twitter , Pete Swift , who has been telling his followers to "wait and see what's coming in 2018".
This is in regards to the Central Docks , apparently some major developments being announced soon according to one of his mates.

How is funding an issue if Moshiri and his connections to Usmanov and his set - who stand to make from the development of the stadium and north end dock development - are on board? The costs must have risen to £500M which will eventually be paid back by the club anyway. How has that stopped matters in its tracks when it was always a low ball first costing of £300M?

The costing explanation is a nonsense.

Key to this is finalising the budget required and securing the funding.

No funding, no shiny new stadium.

Given the wealth of Moshiri and his contacts along with the support of the city council I can’t see funding being an issue.

Key to this is finalising the budget required and securing the funding.

No funding, no shiny new stadium.

Given the wealth of Moshiri and his contacts along with the support of the city council I can’t see funding being an issue.
...and yet it's being used as an excuse...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back