New Everton Stadium

Exactly. We know the architect has been working on this for well over a year and that the club had provisional designs about 6 months ago. We see images of proposed stadia all the time, and usually well before any planning application is submitted. It seems strange how no images have been released. Every detail of this stadium is being guarded like some kind of state secret. We just get the occasional press release saying that lots of progress has been made but there are challenges and difficulties to overcome - like funding it, designing it, and building it.
Smoke and mirrors. Makes me wonder if the difficulties are actually about finding the funds down the sofa to buy a pencil sharpener for the groundsman who's actually drawing up the stadium plans on the back of a packet of weedkiller.

Everton that.

This docks stadium location was confirmed a year ago. In reality, the club have been working on it for closer to 2 years. The fact that they still haven't sorted funding for it says all we need to know. Every time they say 'close to securing funding' reminds me of a debtor with no money promising he'll pay his bill next month.

Stinks a bit. It reads to me like they're waiting for Peal or LCC to tell them "it's okay, we'll foot the bill".

Shame the club spaffed so much money in the past year. 1 unnecessary signing like Gylfi = half of the shortfall.

It's ridiculous really.

This docks stadium location was confirmed a year ago. In reality, the club have been working on it for closer to 2 years. The fact that they still haven't sorted funding for it says all we need to know. Every time they say 'close to securing funding' reminds me of a debtor with no money promising he'll pay his bill next month.
...the delay on planning application is as much of a concern as funding.

It makes no sense this delay and prevarication, not when you have players as big as Moshiri with Usmanov in the shadows.

I cant believe anyone is dismissing reaction to this as scare mongering or conspiracy theory.

The coffee is made, wake up and take a good whiff of it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back