New Everton Stadium

Genuine question; if we can't deliver a stadium on that dock, what are we going to use it for now we own it?

I'm going to say a chain of waterside restaurants and a big swimming pool

Dave can be ultra negative, but what he is saying in here is the truth.

That statement has been put out to dampen expectations.
There's a difference between something being done to manage expectations (mostly on timescale imho, with the year's slippage of the date, and the fact that plenty of other stuff clearly DOESN'T lower expectations), and the statement being a shout to "abandon ship, it's dead!" which is what Dave's saying.

Genuine question; if we can't deliver a stadium on that dock, what are we going to use it for now we own it?

I'm going to say a chain of waterside restaurants and a big swimming pool
As far as I've seen Everton don't own the land... you have just agreed a rental agreement for the land subject to planning permission and all the financing being sorted etc.

I don't think Everton are tied to the land at all, it could all fall through and the deal for the docks would fall through with it.

As far as I've seen Everton don't own the land... you have just agreed a rental agreement for the land subject to planning permission and all the financing being sorted etc.

I don't think Everton are tied to the land at all, it could all fall through and the deal for the docks would fall through with it.

You’d think someone who is so convinced it’s never going to happen would have read up on it a bit wouldn’t you.

They have outline designs there, Elstone just told you. Not released though. I wonder why?
Exactly. We know the architect has been working on this for well over a year and that the club had provisional designs about 6 months ago. We see images of proposed stadia all the time, and usually well before any planning application is submitted. It seems strange how no images have been released. Every detail of this stadium is being guarded like some kind of state secret. We just get the occasional press release saying that lots of progress has been made but there are challenges and difficulties to overcome - like funding it, designing it, and building it.

Exactly. We know the architect has been working on this for well over a year and that the club had provisional designs about 6 months ago. We see images of proposed stadia all the time, and usually well before any planning application is submitted. It seems strange how no images have been released. Every detail of this stadium is being guarded like some kind of state secret. We just get the occasional press release saying that lots of progress has been made but there are challenges and difficulties to overcome - like funding it, designing it, and building it.
Someone hit on a good point earlier - a design being attached to this project would make the whole thing worse when it eventually goes tits up, just like Kings Dock and Kirkby.

My guess is that they dont want to be hostages to fortune and hand their critics anything in the future to point at and say "that's what we could have had"...as happened to Kenwright over the KD scheme.

IMO we'll never see these designs because sometime in the summer when they can conveniently bury it in transfer news it'll be dropped.

That ^^^ is odds on now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back