New Everton Stadium

??

Stadium is already two years behind projected date and the funding isn't in place, nor any designs.

Not sure what he is saying that is wrong

ive been saying the lack of any news has been deafening for a while now too...

in true Everton style, they let us a 'tiny press release' which should real of been headline news for the fans.

sweeping it under the carpet I believe is the term. @davek

This statement does naturally raise concerns but maybe Everton were relying a little more than most realised on LCC funding linked to the CWG bid. Would seem that news has left the club needing to source more of the funding themselves. Escalating costs are no surprise. Concept designs 6 months ago may have included a running track. Agree with earlier poster that this statement is designed to make sure fans don't expect too much at the AGM. I am just going to stay patient but if this does fall through then I fear for our long term future. LFC are only going to get stronger with all the media attention they receive and a waterfront stadium location is crucial to addressing some of that imbalance.

CD631A96-0E12-42EA-8319-E5908B5D6071.webp

2022 Bramley Moore:
Bill, Sam, Farhad and Walshy open the ANGRY BIRDS STADIUM

ive been saying the lack of any news has been deafening for a while now too...

in true Everton style, they let us a 'tiny press release' which should real of been headline news for the fans.

sweeping it under the carpet I believe is the term. @davek
I mentioned two months back this had gone quiet and was looking a bit iffy. The key principles document no show was the harbinger for this bombshell today.

They have outline designs there, Elstone just told you. Not released though. I wonder why?

Dave, an outline design is fluff, it's an idea, a concept. If stage 3 hasn't been completed then it will still be called what it was at the completion of stage 2. Stage 3 will be coming to an end soon to allow planning documents to be created and submitted and also for costings to be more accurate.

...the delay on planning application is as much of a concern as funding.

It makes no sense this delay and prevarication, not when you have players as big as Moshiri with Usmanov in the shadows.

I cant believe anyone is dismissing reaction to this as scare mongering or conspiracy theory.

The coffee is made, wake up and take a good whiff of it.

Delay on planning application? What delay? Do you know when it was programmed In?

Dave, an outline design is fluff, it's an idea, a concept. If stage 3 hasn't been completed then it will still be called what it was at the completion of stage 2. Stage 3 will be coming to an end soon to allow planning documents to be created and submitted and also for costings to be more accurate.
It's more than a concept, it's something tangible fans can hold onto. There's just no feel about this that it will ever be anything other than an abstraction that now quickly unravels.

If anyone still feels confident this is getting built all I have to say is that they haven't been paying attention to the way the club has operated on stadium schemes down the years. We should be at the planning submission stage by now. That we are now told is the ambition for the coming year!

I mentioned two months back this had gone quiet and was looking a bit iffy. The key principles document no show was the harbinger for this bombshell today.

What bombshell was that Dave?

I posted on here some days back that underground surveying was to start to check on the ground to support building which you just dismissed, why, simple it does not fit your agenda of knocking everything in sight. You are never positive about anything meaningful.

You act as though the stadium should have been built yesterday, got news for you such projects do take time, like many you are unhappy because no plans published so what they will idc.

To me unclear exactly where do you want a new stadium to be, have you ever indicated any sort of choice and do not go back into history quoting Arena or Kirkby that is finished. So where Dave let's hear it, are you in favour of Bramley-Moore, if not where?

So what other downsides do you come out with? Oh yes Moshiri but if he had not stepped in where would we be now? So what is your problem with him?

Then there is the team manger, we know who you would like but fail to recognise we have fat chance of getting any of those the way the club is, get real Dave, Allardyce was the only option.

There numerous other bits but Dave tell us is there anything you think is positive ATM with our club?

It's more than a concept, it's something tangible fans can hold onto. There's just no feel about this that it will ever be anything other than an abstraction that now quickly unravels.

If anyone still feels confident this is getting built all I have to say is that they haven't been paying attention to the way the club has operated on stadium schemes down the years. We should be at the planning submission stage by now. That we are now told is the ambition for the coming year!
Aside from being negative on literally anything that relates to Everton football club, what does your life consist of?

Asking for a friend.

Which years are those Dave?????

If the delays are the issue of the management of the club, last time I check, shouldn't the owner can them and get people in that actually know how to conduct business and get this done? Pretty common to bring in help to run something this massive.

The land lease was approved a month or so back and that would suggest that a funding deal is close, in terms of overall cost I think this is a bit of a non story, from my limited contacts a figure of £450m has been in the air for some time. I get all the pessimism, since when did the club ever come through on a promise, but I would find it difficult to believe that Moshiri and his backers will walk away from this, most cynics think it's the sole reason he bought into EFC and they're probably right. My personal take is that the posturing in the press is to leverage public investment and/or subsidies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back