Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

...I understand the argument and hear the evidence but at this stage that continues to be all we’ve got.

It’ll be interesting what chance posters give the new stadium actually happening. I honestly can’t score higher than 6/10 at this point in time. Slightly more chance it does than it doesn’t but that’s me living in hope rather than a reasoned view.

9/10 for me. See no reason as to why it wouldn't happen given how involved we are and numerous other parties are.

...I understand the argument and hear the evidence but at this stage that continues to be all we’ve got.

It’ll be interesting what chance posters give the new stadium actually happening. I honestly can’t score higher than 6/10 at this point in time. Slightly more chance it does than it doesn’t but that’s me living in hope rather than a reasoned view.

I think 9/10 moving in some way shape or form to the docks. Even if it has to be a 50k to do so. It is the only way Moshiri is going to come away from Everton (if he wants to that is) without taking a loss.

Lots of talk, but still no firm information about the size of the new stadium, or what it will look like. So I am a bit disappointed, hope we get answers to these key points soon

it gets frustrating reading a lot of people moaning and I get the feeling that if they weren't moaning about one aspect of it, they'd find something else to complain about
Amen to that. If drawings or models of the proposed stadium had been released GOT would be full of people moaning that 'it's too small', or 'it's too big' or 'they're using the wrong materials.' 'How are they showing drawings? they promised to consult the fans' etc etc

we are soooooooo far off we haven't even got a concept design.

it does seem we were reliant on the CWG bid. the track would have been involved with our new stadium.

the plus point now is that the CWG is now in Brum and we wont be involving a running track, but the down side is that we wont have any CWG money to add to our own funding, which seems quite hard to find as it is.

the 2022/23 date is pure fantasy.

Elstone is just hoping we miraculasly find a financial backer for this project when in reality its getting harder and harder to find backers.

the fact that moshiri has been here for 2 years and is still struggling to fund the stadium speaks volumes. Everyone thought he had strong links to huge players in this sort of area. obv not.

I don't get why our billionaire owner doesn't seem to be putting any money towards it either? It seems like the club and council are taking all the risks and the person who bennifits if it turns the worst will be moshiri.

And speaking from a resident of Liverpool - us building a stadium will be a fantastic thing for the city. However making the council liable could kill it off. Anderson himself have said the city doesn't have any money, so how can they take such a RISK to councils services and credit rating - if it all goes to crap? We was fighting for relegation for almost half a season and we have no assets to sell any more, it would be the worst timin to be trusting in Everton .

The council has no buisness getting involved other than planning approval and making it as easy as possible for Everton to make it happen - they simply don't have the funds if the worst happened.

Moshiri has put £150m into the club on such good terms for us there is some debate over whether he’ll get it back at any point.

The council are pretty much liable for nothing here, the way the deal is structured it’s like putting your £50k car down as a guarantee for a £10k loan.

The squad is insured for something like £400m and we actually have paid off all the debt on our land etc, so yes no assets left at all

Joyce clarifying in The times

The Mayor of Liverpool has defended plans to strike a funding deal with Everton which would see the city council act as guarantor for close to two thirds of the cost of the club’s new £500 million stadium project.

Attachments

• D708BF55-65A1-4CCC-A77C-AE000BDC88B1.webp
    D708BF55-65A1-4CCC-A77C-AE000BDC88B1.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 100
Moshiri has put £150m into the club on such good terms for us there is some debate over whether he’ll get it back at any point.

The council are pretty much liable for nothing here, the way the deal is structured it’s like putting your £50k car down as a guarantee for a £10k loan.

The squad is insured for something like £400m and we actually have paid off all the debt on our land etc, so yes no assets left at all

hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahha

come off it mate, he will be getting 300m back on that.

businessmen don't just hand over hundreds of millions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back