Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

That was the echo saying it, and they are still saying it now on there podcasts.

If anything, they will reduce the capacity to lower the costs. I'm guessing it will be in the region of 55k and costs will raise to about 550 million if they hurry up and get a shift on.
I thought it was in an official council document?

What I’m concerned about (rightly or wrongly) is that at this point in time the only funding we have secured is that from the council - what have we been doing since the announcement to find the other partner? The longer it takes the higher the stadium cost due to inflation etc.

My guess is it's a ploy to bring the whole thing to a halt. I dont think there's any way the council cabinet can ok this. If they baulk at it then Everton's owners are let off the hook.

This will be wrapped up quite soon.

What could be a problem is if we say that we have found another loan to cover the other 200 million. If we have 2 payments of 15-20 million going out a year then it increases the risk of default and makes it less likely the public swallow it. What may be good about this is that we are forced to pay for some of the stadium build ourselves. (increase of capital like what was used to pay the debts off) Or we will have a stadium budget of 280 million + what we can immediately generate/save over the next 4 years.

The way some people are rambling on here, it's almost like Everton are going to be the first private business in history to benefit from a local government regeneration scheme lol

Providing the club don't go bust, then I see no issue with the financing mechanisms. There will be plenty of business benefit from the North Liverpool dock project, and if it puts people in jobs and makes people better off then why would people oppose?

It's a big IF that we can pull this off, but if we do then it's sustainable, smart, helps us compete off the field, and is socially responsible.

PS: If we mess this up it's not the project to blame, its the people involved in our board. And I will unleash my fury towards them for messing up such a great chance.

What I’m concerned about (rightly or wrongly) is that at this point in time the only funding we have secured is that from the council - what have we been doing since the announcement to find the other partner? The longer it takes the higher the stadium cost due to inflation etc.

I can't imagine they've not planned for how they will be getting that part of the funding.

giphy.gif

Mono....DOH

I see some in the press are pushing the whole "Anderson supports Everton" angle here and asking whether he can justify the loan, ignoring of course that building a stadium on that waterfront will benefit the City economically

Potential risk as well. Plenty of non football fans will not want the risk on LCC coffers. Looking at the terms on the SPV it says 40 years for the loan.

Everton get relegated or the tv deal suddenly drops in value. The council has a massive bill and has to cut into budgets like Education.

Think the Lib Dems are concerned with the deal.

Let's say 350 million via the council. Let's say it 'only' costs 500 million. How easy is it to get the remaining 150 million through financing? Some of that through naming rights, so let's say that drops it down to 120 million.

I guess that finance kicks in as the money from the council backed money runs out but needs arranging well in advance. Where's the equity to secure against? Everton the company already owe Moshiri 80 million or so. Would a new stadium increase Everton's worth on its own to act as guarantee against such a loan? Or will capital have to be found to pay part of the stadium (like a 10% deposit and 90% mortgage to cover the mortgage company against drops in house priced)?

Perversely enough, once we're half a billion in the hole, I think we're going to be ok. Too much money invested for us to fail.

If I were to guess at this, my finger in the air is 750 million for the stadium. Once we're in and the cash flows are all balanced then we see the end game of Moshiri's tenure. He will have left us better off if this comes to fruition. We shall see...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back