New Everton Stadium

Yes.

From 2015 their concerns were:

• Lack of overall management of new developments
  • Lack of analysis and description of the townscape characteristics relevant to the Outstanding Universal Value of the property and important views related to the property and its buffer zone
  • Lack of clearly established maximum heights for new developments, for the backdrops of the World Heritage areas as well as along the waterfront

But Dave the City kept it's status so what is different the proposed docks and stadium development is much further away?

There's absolutely no chance of this happening. As somebody on here mentioned, this fans feedback thing is a mere box-ticking exercise to maintain their People's Club image. The stadium will have a capacity that sits within its likely relatively cheap budget.

You seriously think that the club is so unambitious as to build a new ground that's smaller than that of West Ham?

I said 61878 - would be very happy with that and a nod to our beginnings.

Would compromise on a minimum of £ 60k though, especially if there is the footprint available to increase the capacity in the future.

Yeah, 60,000 would be acceptable. I don't think there's any question of the capacity being smaller than that, though.

That's just standard for new stadia these days. And we would defo fill that.

A new stadium typically adds 25% on to attendances. People are more inclined to visit a state-of-the-art stadium than sit behind a post for 90 minutes.

Last edited:
But Dave the City kept it's status so what is different the proposed docks and stadium development is much further away?
Last warning over the high rise builds. I'd say they were drawing the line at that and any more inappropriate development of the docks would result in the rescinding of WHS.

Last warning over the high rise builds. I'd say they were drawing the line at that and any more inappropriate development of the docks would result in the rescinding of WHS.

So Dave we build nothing higher than 3 stories or alternatively just let the docks stew for the next 50 years as a sinkhole, where does that leave the City?

Not sure how people are saying 60000 capacity. Build to 50000 with the option to increase to 60 if needed. Expecting to bring in a extra 20000 fans in one go is a lot.

Who cares? Some anoraks at UNESCO, thats about it.

portrait-of-a-geeky-man-holding-a-notepad-and-pencil-picture-iddv741098

So Dave we build nothing higher than 3 stories or alternatively just let the docks stew for the next 50 years as a sinkhole, where does that leave the City?
The city is a big place.

I'm not arguing UNESCO's case for them, btw. I'm just amused that such a massive stumbling block that they represent is being blithely written off as no big deal. I can assure you the council dont think so. They'd forever be known as the philistine bellends who lost a coveted status for the City of Liverpool.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back