New Everton Stadium

portrait-of-a-geeky-man-holding-a-notepad-and-pencil-picture-iddv741098

FFs, how you got hold of that? Thats me at work.

The city is a big place.

I'm not arguing UNESCO's case for them, btw. I'm just amused that such a massive stumbling block that they represent is being blithely written off as no big deal. I can assure you the council dont think so. They'd forever be known as the philistine bellends who lost a coveted status for the City of Liverpool.

They are holding der City back Dave.

You watch once we jibb em off, be like New York down the docks.

The city is a big place.

I'm not arguing UNESCO's case for them, btw. I'm just amused that such a massive stumbling block that they represent is being blithely written off as no big deal. I can assure you the council dont think so. They'd forever be known as the philistine bellends who lost a coveted status for the City of Liverpool.

Or the forward thinking Council that secured the future population of the city a vibrant and profitable development on a hitherto wasteland.

Well following that logic, we might as well build one that can have the 10000 seats taken out when they are not needed. We have one go at this.
Sorry mate but 50,000 is ridiculous.
Not sure how going from 40 to 50000 is ridiculous when no one even knows what the demand is. There is a demand but no one knows what it is. I read somewhere the waiting list for seasons tickets is 7000. So going from 7000 extra where's the other 13000 going to come from

If theres no logical basis for the capacity lets go for 100000.

Or the forward thinking Council that secured the future population of the city a vibrant and profitable development on a hitherto wasteland.

I dont have much sympathy for the WHS argument, tbh. The cultural status of the city is secure imo. But I honestly dont think the council will move on the stadium and associate developments until the WHS is retained through negotiation.

Not sure how going from 40 to 50000 is ridiculous when no one even knows what the demand is. There is a demand but no one knows what it is. I read somewhere the waiting list for seasons tickets is 7000. So going from 7000 extra where's the other 13000 going to come from

Well we all agree we can fill 40k, weve done that most weeks for the last few years, I mean something like 65k wouldnt get filled that often, lets be honest here, but it would get filled for the bigger games and if we want to progress we will be needing plenty of bigger games in the future, so whilst something like 65k would be silly on the short term, long term it would hopefully be enough.

If its a decent size it also gives us more scope to make some dollar bills from non footballing things, maybe like concerts or even hosting a European final.

So 50,000 would leave us smaller than

United
Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool
West Ham
Man City
Newcastle

And Chelsea soon enough

Even Villa are looking at going to 60,000

If we settle for potentially the 10th biggest ground in the country what ambition does that show?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back